Monday, July 11, 2011 Leave a comment
Why MENTOR Coaching?
by Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, A.C.T., MCC, SCAC
ADDCoach Trainer & Certified Mentor Coach
targets your functioning,
wherever the application.
MENTOR Coaching targets
your development as a Coach,
first and foremost.
Hiring a Mentor Coach to coach you through the practice development phase helps you put the practice puzzle together: it straightens out your learning curve and gives you guidance and encouragement as you define and build your career.
Clients ready for a Mentor Coach:
- have already done a lot of Foundation work, either through a formalized training or from the school of life
- feel confident that they are ready to work with others in this regard (and may be practicing coaches who have been “flying solo” for some time)
- have already acquired a great many coaching skills, and may well feel they have been coaching all their lives while making a living at something else
- hire a Mentor Coach primarily for acquiring additional skills and for practice development coaching.
They look to their Mentor Coach to help them:
- deepen their personal growth
- hone and expand their coaching skill set, and
- strategize steps toward a professional coaching practice
that is personally and financially rewarding.
By definition, coaches are on the fast track with personal growth. Mentor Coaching puts them on the fast track with practice growth.