LinkList: The Distinction & Definitions Articles
Remember – links on this site are dark grey to reduce distraction potential
while you’re reading. They turn red on mouseover.
From the Brain-Transplant Series
ADD Information you NEED to know!
from THE ADD Poster Girl: Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, MCC, SCAC
to grok the concept of these posts, CLICK:
ABOUT The Brain-Transplant Series
The growing list of links to articles in the
The Distinctions & Definitions Series
an alphabetical list of terms
to help you jump right to what you’re looking for
(ALL open in new windows or tabs, depending on your browser’s settings)
HOVER before clicking and a little box will appear
with a bit of info about what you’ll find once you click
- 9 Challenges to Effective Functioning
- Activation (vs. Motivation)
- ADD or AD”H”D?
- AHAs! and DUHs!
- Alphabet City/Alphabet Disorders
- ATTENTION – The Dynamics of Attending
- Attentional Bias
- Chronorhym/circadian rhythm disorders
- Coaching vs.Therapy
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Comorbid Disorders vs. Co-occuring conditions
- Compliment vs. Acknowledgment
- Confirmation Bias
- Differential Diagnosis
- Distractibility – a mind that flits against your will
- Domino Problems
- Executive Functions
- FIT – the concept of fit
- Functional Temperature
- Hyperactivity & under arousal
- Impusivity & over arousal
- Listening from belief
- Naming the Game
- ODD (& Oppositional Rising)
- Open Loops, Distractions and Attentional Dysregulation
- Pre-fontal Cortex Shutdown
- Processing Efficiency
- Processing Speed
- Repair Deficit
- Requests That Get You What You Want
- Sensory Integration
- Sleep Debt
- Task Anxiety (and the impact on procrastination)
- Treadmill Tasks
- Check out “On the Way'”
Articles with GROUPS of Distinctions & Definitions:
- 10 Essential ADD Coaching Concepts
- Ten Basic Coaching Skills used most often with ADDers
- Key Tasks for ADD Coaching
On the Way . . . (ONLY once your comments let me know the need is there)
- OTHER definitions and distinctions from ADDandSoMuchMore articles
- The Listening & Languaging Teleclass
and SO much MORE — coming up shortly on a blogsite near you!
Comments on this page have been disabled – if you want to chime in, I’d LOVE to read your feedback and respond to your comments at the bottom of any of the articles in any of the lists above.
As always, if you want notification of new articles in a particular Series – or any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy
IN ANY CASE, stay tuned.
There’s a lot to know, a lot here already, and a lot more to come
Get it here while it’s still free for the taking.
Want to work directly with me? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading this Series (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to me; we’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. I’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)