Friday Fun: Napland!

Trouble falling asleep?
staying asleep?
waking up on time – or napping?
I feel your pain, so …
Let’s laugh the whole thing off

from the Sleep and Friday Funnies Series

National Sleep Awareness Week  — March 2 – 9

Quick Intro before we get to the Funnies

I think I struck a chord with my recent Sleep Awareness Post on the napping studies.  Opinions and experiences were varied, and some comments from a few folks seemed a tad frustrated or misunderstood.

So today, even though National Sleep Awareness Week ended yesterday, Thursday the 9th, we are lightening up for a bit of Friday Fun as we continue to think about sleep.

After all, sleep is supposed to comprise a third of our lives – for most of us, anyway.

So the topic is worth at least
an extra day of blog time,
doncha’ think?

Scientists tell us that taking naps enhances creativity, by the way — and I’m choosing to believe them!

So lets get to it.

How many of the situations below make YOU nod your head?

YOU PLAY TOO

If you have something on your website or blog that relates to the theme, especially if it’s humorous, please feel free to leave a link in a comment. Keep it to one link per comment or you’ll be auto-spammed, but multiple comments are just fine and most welcome.

AND NOW for some more humor TODAY . . .

This Friday’s theme: Sleep Strategies

(most images below found on Pinterest)

About those Naps . . .

The working nap . . .

Perspective:
NO explanation needed

Th-th-th-at’s all folks!
SEE YOU NEXT TIME

Funnies post only occasionally

Reminding you of what I disclosed in the introduction to this series, Funnies about Perspective: unlike the ongoing Sunday Smiles and Monday Funnies you’ll find on Chris The Story Reading Ape’s Blog, my Friday Funnies will show up only occasionally, usually clustered around a theme.

If things seem to have gotten a tad serious in the world – or on ADDandSoMuchMORE.com – get ready for another hit of humor, most likely another Friday Funny.

Don’t forget: The next Group Coaching is enrolling NOW.

This low-cost format is designed especially to support anyone who would like a bit of professional coaching when money is tight.

Click HERE to read all about it, and HERE to grab your seat while there’s still room!

Related Articles & Funnies ’round the net

76 Responses to Friday Fun: Napland!

1. Pingback: Sweet Sanjita | purpleslobinrecovery

• Thanks so much for referencing this post. You’re a doll!

• I saw that when I jumped over to say thinks for the link – just after I said thanks here – but had no time to do much more until just about now.

I left you a comment under your article, along with my thanks for thinking well enough of me and what I do here to nominate me for an award. How I wish I had the time to comply with the acceptance conditions but I truly do not. 😦

Congratulations to you (but if I could accept, yours would be a blog I would want to nominate as well – and I’m sure that’s not how it works lol)

Okay, these were just tooooooo funny, and so bang on! 🙂 ❤

• I am really enjoying getting away from research & info for a bit of humor now and then. Others seem to like the break too. Who doesn’t like funnies?

• dgkaye says:

Perfect. I think we could all use some laughter. 🙂 xo

• Indeed! Every single time we hear the latest news.

• dgkaye says:

Ya, like every 5 minutes, lol. 🙂

• Truly. I can barely enjoy blogging anymore — every other post informs me of some new horror proposed or announced by the current administration. Surveillance WikiLeaks and Agent Orange’s Mandatory Genetic Testing bill (already passed through Congressional committee) were today’s big upsets for me. Third Reichian.

It’s a wonder any of us feel safe enough to sleep these days.

• dgkaye says:

I hear you. That’s all I ever have on TV here. It’s awful when you feel you have to watch the news by the minute instead of daily to keep abreast. ❤ ❤

• I remember ‘That was the week that was’ – and being able to stay relatively current on a weekly basis. I believe that Agent Orange is purposely flooding the news to keep eyes off his real agenda – whatever that is, I have no doubt that it will be designed to stuff his pockets.

• dgkaye says:

Facto! ❤

• 🙂

3. daisymae2017 says:

Reblogged on my site COUNTRYLIVING at daisymae2017.wordpress.com Also, just loved this post on naps and loved those funnies especially the one with the cat and the woman asleep on the bathroom floor.

• I loved those too – that cat and I have a LOT in common! Thanks again for the reblog.

4. daisymae2017 says:

Reblogged this on COUNTRY LIVING and commented:
    Just loved the funnies.

• I hope your readers like these as much as mine seem to have. Thanks so much for reblogging.

• Thanks again for reblogging one of my posts, Kate – everybody needs more funnies these days, no matter where we live. Great stress relief, even if we don’t actually laugh aloud.

6. Christy B says:

Now I totally feel like taking a nap! Thanks for the funnies 🙂

• You’re welcome, Christy – fun for me too (and I just got up from a nap!). 🙂

7. Utterly marvelous, Madelyn! Too many favorites to pick one, but I love the meeting/oxygen masks and the meme with the jackhammer — feels like my life story. Sharing this all over the place. Mega hugs!

• PS: Sorry it was a rough week. Thank you for all of your encouragement. Relax this weekend if at all possible. More hugs.

• Thanks, Teagan. That’s the plan.

• I love the jackhammer guy too – and you are the first to mention that one. Why do the noisy “fix-its” seem always to begin at first light? Thanks for sharing.

8. I do the nap, the Nanna nap, and the kip. My best sleep is during the day………….but I then struggle too get through the pre-dinner kip. When I manage to avoid the pre-dinner kip, I then get my second wind around midnight.

• That second wind thing is a problem for me too, Helen. But those rare times when I am able to fall sleep at what others consider “a decent hour” I often find myself wide awake in the middle of a pre-dawn morning, which throws my chronos into a tailspin anew.

We do what we can to manage, right?

9. robjodiefilogomo says:

I totally thought of you and your post today because I actually just took a nap!! It was heavenly!
    jodie

• How lovely! My own nap today turned out to be over 8 hours – just as I feared, awakening at 10:30 pm. lol But then I was exhausted from a couple of unavoidable all-nighters preparing for today so I am jumping to no conclusions based on a single test.

Things seem to have turned out in my favor, btw, so I can breath again. 🙂 More when we speak next.

• robjodiefilogomo says:

Oh, i’m so glad about that news, Madelyn!! I didn’t want to bother you today, but I was totally thinking about you!!

• I spent MUCH more time getting there and back and standing in the “make sure nobody has a gun” line than actually dealing with things. Bizarre experience, all of it.

Once home I got into my jammies, got under a quilt on the couch and slept like the dead – so you wouldn’t have been a bother at all. I doubt anything could have awakened me – not that it would have been any different from any other time I fell asleep. 🙂 Thanks so much for caring.

10. These are great clips Madelyn. Hoping your Friday is unfolding well and your appointment was successful.

• Thank you for asking. It was a court case against me that was quickly dismissed. Getting there and back (and standing in line to go through the metal detector) took MUCH longer than the entire time before the judge, which was practically an eye-blink. All the prayers no doubt the reason things went so well – I’m extremely grateful.

I’m fried and am off to bed – and I’m sure I’ll sleep like the DEAD after this stressful week and Wed/Thur all-nighters in prep.

• Thanks for letting us know you survived even though we knew you would because you are a survivor/winner. Answered prayer, yeeeeaaaaahhhhhh! Sleep well and sleep long but then get up and charge life head on again.

• Just awakened from an 8-hour nap – lol. Hoping to get back “on schedule” – once the dreaded Daylight Savings nonsense is in the rear view mirror once more.

Thanks for caring – and for the prayers.

• You are welcome – knee mails are now my first response when I know the enemy is at work. That nap sometimes clears the sensors and gets us back on track as to what is important. I understand the daylight savings thing from the conglomeration of data but I don’t like it or I should say my body doesn’t like it. Is it necessary?

• I don’t think any of the arguments for keeping it make much sense – especially since the time change doesn’t happen on the same day all over the world (or month). So twice a year, in our global world, connecting with each other at a specific time becomes unnecessarily complex.

The main problem with it is that playing with time effects chronorhythms negatively. Everyone is forced to reset twice a year – which can lead to physical health effects in many people who don’t otherwise struggle with sleep.

The sleep disorders community has a tough enough time, and twice a year we struggle mightily for several following weeks – but then, legislators would have to know something about sleep science to understand that argument, and even *most* doctors know little about sleep TIMING disorders still. ::sigh::

I work (and pray) to be alive to see things change in a number of areas, but learning about sleep science is one of my crusades. 🙂

• And it is a good crusade Madelyn. We are learning to allow our bodies adapt to its natural rhythm which has been so interesting. Then again we have been blessed by no longer having to rush here and there on the worlds clock. Some days we require more then others but the great thing is that topic we noted the other day…. naps. They are a great balancer, lol. Glad to see you back and running.

• Thanks. It’s a relief to BE back up and running. More to manage – always, for all of us – but so nice not to have an ugly priority setting the agenda.

• Amen. You are a winner.

• And you are a doll!

• 🙂 🙂

11. Great post, Madelyn, and I love the images. I nap on vacations and it’s heaven. I’ll have to start doing it every day when we retire. What pleasure 🙂 Thanks for the laughs.

• Thanks for stopping by – and letting me know you enjoyed the post. It’s a nice break from all the science stuff for me, and I’m always relieved when others say they enjoy them too.

These are so much fun. I got a lot of chuckles reading them. 😃

• Thanks, Eugenia. I had a ball putting this one together. There are a lot of nap funnies out there – this post could have easily been three times as long. Eventually I just had to say ENOUGH already!

13. Bernadette says:

I prefer the term a little lie down – then I can fool myself into thinking I am not so old that I need a nap. Isn’t it funny how we come full circle. My mother told me I didn’t like to nap as a child.

• I was never a napper either, but am thinking I might do well to attempt to take them as soon as I can figure out how to work them in. On my list!

14. GP Cox says:

If I’m not sleeping, it means I’m thinking too much – I’ve had to learn to control that. But that ‘showing up for Monday, but didn’t say I’d participate’ really used to be me!! I got a smile from the other cartoons, but that one had me laughing!!

• LOL – one of the sleep funnies I ran across said something similar: “I don’t understand people who just lie down and go right to sleep. I mean, don’t they have thoughts?”

The few times I had to go in to an office, my brain never arrived until after lunch – Monday and always. I simply shuffled papers looking busy until then – and coworkers quickly learned that if they needed something from me they’d do well not to ask me in the AM.

• GP Cox says:

haha I used to go into work so early, I’d tell people by the time I was actually awake, it was almost time to go home!

• Anything before noon is early in my book – always has been. Neurotypical 9-5 has always been a bear for me.

I’m willing to work the late shift, tho’ – never lazy, simply sleep timing challenged. Not sure I could ever have worked the hours you had to.

• GP Cox says:

Having always been a ‘night-person’ it was difficult to get used to, but now getting up early is where my body-clock has stayed! Go figure, right?!

• I’m envious – lol – you are awake with most of the rest of your world. I struggle to manage in fewer hours each day that coincide with hours that stores and offices are open – not to mention having to work the night shift for most of my life! 🙂

15. lwbut says:

Sleep awareness week ended yesterday and i’m just finding out about it NOW??

Thanks for the laughs, Madelyn. While my favourites were numbers 4 and 2 (Minion and Ceiling fan) i guess i’m just not nap-oriented (and that is probably a bad thing, i believe!) 😉

I got nuthin’ on this one.

Best wishes for the Morning!

love.

• Thank you and God bless, Love.

I am still working on the napping thing myself – even though I DO believe the studies, we are not all wired with brains that cooperate with this sleeping thing.

16. Sue Vincent says:

Thanks for the mention, Madelyn 🙂 Seems odd reading about napping a dawn ( not that I would refuse one about now )

• It’s amusing how time zones change our impression of various posts – and to see who reads what when.

With my sleep disorder, I’m usually wide awake with those of you across the pond, sleeping when the Americans on the East Coast are bright eyed and bushy tailed. That’s why I set my queued posts for a second after midnight – lol – so I can handle the “day’s” comments before I crawl into bed shortly before dawn my time.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. And would a little nap at dawn be so bad?

• Sue Vincent says:

A little nap at dawn would be lovely… but Nick and Ani would both be very disapproving when they want thei breakfast 😉 xx

• lol – Nick would probably cope, but Ani would make you miserable until you got up and filled her bowl. ::sigh:: No rest for the weary.

STILL, they’re both well worth a bit of sleepy breakfast fixing time, I’m sure. Where’s the cat?

• Sue Vincent says:

The cat…and Nick…are five miles away. But he got her an automatic feeder so she gets fed before I get there 🙂 xx

• Ah – I thought perhaps he was visiting with you overnight.

• Sue Vincent says:

Nope… I no longer have a spare room 😉 Which can be handy…but is more often than not a shame when friends are around.xx

• I haven’t had a guest room in years myself. The only good thing about that is that I don’t have to remain diligent with housekeeping duties. 🙂

• Sue Vincent says:

Withthe amount of shedding Ani does, I have no choice on that one 😉 xxx

• Tink has hair, not fur, so he sheds no more than I do – but BOY does he tangle (and everywhere he tracks dirt, bits of paper I have no idea where it comes from, and toys EVERYWHERE!)

• Sue Vincent says:

Ani manages all that too…xx

• Tink too – people say they want to be able to sleep like a baby. Not me – I want to be able to nap like my dog.

• Sue Vincent says:

That would indeed be cool 🙂 xx

• Speaking of napping – I had an early AM appt. I couldn’t avoid – which meant staying up all night to make SURE I didn’t sleep through it. I think it’s time to go sleep like Tink.

• Sue Vincent says:

Sounds like a good idea to me 😉 xx

17. Hey Madelyn a wonderful post and such beautiful pictures on sleeping. Yes very, very important sleep is and it really rejuvenates a person and feels so happy and contented to work the next day cause there is so much energy. Thanks for your lovely informative post.

• THanks, Kamal. The post does not LOOK like it is supposed to — another in a long line of recent WordPress glitches. I just added an apology to the top of the post. Fortunately, it doesn’t seem to have affected the graphics – and I hope it won’t. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

• Welcome Madelyn

18. On the Last Leap Year I won the Olympic Gold Medal in the Power Napping category! LOL! 🙂 😀
    ZZzzz