Friday Fun: Napland!

Trouble falling asleep?
staying asleep?
waking up on time – or napping?
I feel your pain, so …
Let’s laugh the whole thing off

from the Sleep and Friday Funnies Series

National Sleep Awareness Week  — March 2 – 9

Quick Intro before we get to the Funnies

I think I struck a chord with my recent Sleep Awareness Post on the napping studies.  Opinions and experiences were varied, and some comments from a few folks seemed a tad frustrated or misunderstood.

So today, even though National Sleep Awareness Week ended yesterday, Thursday the 9th, we are lightening up for a bit of Friday Fun as we continue to think about sleep.

After all, sleep is supposed to comprise a third of our lives – for most of us, anyway.

So the topic is worth at least
an extra day of blog time,
doncha’ think?

Scientists tell us that taking naps enhances creativity, by the way — and I’m choosing to believe them!

So lets get to it.

How many of the situations below make YOU nod your head?

YOU PLAY TOO

If you have something on your website or blog that relates to the theme, especially if it’s humorous, please feel free to leave a link in a comment. Keep it to one link per comment or you’ll be auto-spammed, but multiple comments are just fine and most welcome.

AND NOW for some more humor TODAY . . .

This Friday’s theme: Sleep Strategies

(most images below found on Pinterest)

About those Naps . . .

The working nap . . .

Perspective:
NO explanation needed

Th-th-th-at’s all folks!
SEE YOU NEXT TIME

Funnies post only occasionally

Reminding you of what I disclosed in the introduction to this series, Funnies about Perspective: unlike the ongoing Sunday Smiles and Monday Funnies you’ll find on Chris The Story Reading Ape’s Blog, my Friday Funnies will show up only occasionally, usually clustered around a theme.

If things seem to have gotten a tad serious in the world – or on ADDandSoMuchMORE.com – get ready for another hit of humor, most likely another Friday Funny.

Don’t forget: The next Group Coaching is enrolling NOW.

This low-cost format is designed especially to support anyone who would like a bit of professional coaching when money is tight.

Click HERE to read all about it, and HERE to grab your seat while there’s still room!

Related Articles & Funnies ’round the net

79 Responses to Friday Fun: Napland!

1. Pingback: Everything you ever wanted to know about SLEEP | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

2. Pingback: Friday Fun: More about SLEEP | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

3. Pingback: Sleep Awareness and Health | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

4. Pingback: Sweet Sanjita | purpleslobinrecovery

• Thanks so much for referencing this post. You’re a doll!

• I saw that when I jumped over to say thinks for the link – just after I said thanks here – but had no time to do much more until just about now.

I left you a comment under your article, along with my thanks for thinking well enough of me and what I do here to nominate me for an award. How I wish I had the time to comply with the acceptance conditions but I truly do not. 😦

Congratulations to you (but if I could accept, yours would be a blog I would want to nominate as well – and I’m sure that’s not how it works lol)

Okay, these were just tooooooo funny, and so bang on! 🙂 ❤

6. daisymae2017 says:

Reblogged on my site COUNTRYLIVING at daisymae2017.wordpress.com Also, just loved this post on naps and loved those funnies especially the one with the cat and the woman asleep on the bathroom floor.

7. daisymae2017 says:

Reblogged this on COUNTRY LIVING and commented:
    Just loved the funnies.

8. Christy B says:

Now I totally feel like taking a nap! Thanks for the funnies 🙂

9. Utterly marvelous, Madelyn! Too many favorites to pick one, but I love the meeting/oxygen masks and the meme with the jackhammer — feels like my life story. Sharing this all over the place. Mega hugs!

10. I do the nap, the Nanna nap, and the kip. My best sleep is during the day………….but I then struggle too get through the pre-dinner kip. When I manage to avoid the pre-dinner kip, I then get my second wind around midnight.

11. robjodiefilogomo says:

I totally thought of you and your post today because I actually just took a nap!! It was heavenly!
    jodie

• How lovely! My own nap today turned out to be over 8 hours – just as I feared, awakening at 10:30 pm. lol But then I was exhausted from a couple of unavoidable all-nighters preparing for today so I am jumping to no conclusions based on a single test.

Things seem to have turned out in my favor, btw, so I can breath again. 🙂 More when we speak next.

• robjodiefilogomo says:

Oh, i’m so glad about that news, Madelyn!! I didn’t want to bother you today, but I was totally thinking about you!!

• I spent MUCH more time getting there and back and standing in the “make sure nobody has a gun” line than actually dealing with things. Bizarre experience, all of it.

Once home I got into my jammies, got under a quilt on the couch and slept like the dead – so you wouldn’t have been a bother at all. I doubt anything could have awakened me – not that it would have been any different from any other time I fell asleep. 🙂 Thanks so much for caring.

12. These are great clips Madelyn. Hoping your Friday is unfolding well and your appointment was successful.

• Thank you for asking. It was a court case against me that was quickly dismissed. Getting there and back (and standing in line to go through the metal detector) took MUCH longer than the entire time before the judge, which was practically an eye-blink. All the prayers no doubt the reason things went so well – I’m extremely grateful.

I’m fried and am off to bed – and I’m sure I’ll sleep like the DEAD after this stressful week and Wed/Thur all-nighters in prep.

13. Great post, Madelyn, and I love the images. I nap on vacations and it’s heaven. I’ll have to start doing it every day when we retire. What pleasure 🙂 Thanks for the laughs.

These are so much fun. I got a lot of chuckles reading them. 😃

15. Bernadette says:

I prefer the term a little lie down – then I can fool myself into thinking I am not so old that I need a nap. Isn’t it funny how we come full circle. My mother told me I didn’t like to nap as a child.

16. GP Cox says:

If I’m not sleeping, it means I’m thinking too much – I’ve had to learn to control that. But that ‘showing up for Monday, but didn’t say I’d participate’ really used to be me!! I got a smile from the other cartoons, but that one had me laughing!!

17. lwbut says:

Sleep awareness week ended yesterday and i’m just finding out about it NOW??

Thanks for the laughs, Madelyn. While my favourites were numbers 4 and 2 (Minion and Ceiling fan) i guess i’m just not nap-oriented (and that is probably a bad thing, i believe!) 😉

I got nuthin’ on this one.

Best wishes for the Morning!

love.

18. Sue Vincent says:

Thanks for the mention, Madelyn 🙂 Seems odd reading about napping a dawn ( not that I would refuse one about now )

19. Hey Madelyn a wonderful post and such beautiful pictures on sleeping. Yes very, very important sleep is and it really rejuvenates a person and feels so happy and contented to work the next day cause there is so much energy. Thanks for your lovely informative post.

20. On the Last Leap Year I won the Olympic Gold Medal in the Power Napping category! LOL! 🙂 😀
    ZZzzz

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )