TWO important messages from TinkerToy

Spotlight STAR-dom arrives!
as Dog Appreciation & Awareness Days slide right by
Guest blogger: TinkerToy

#1 – My episode is finally up and going!

TinkerToy here again (and remember, only Mom calls me that to my face).

Remember too that I told you in my last guest-post that my good friend Bacon was going to make me a star? Well, I am sooooo excited. My SpotLight Thursday interview is finally online!

You can even read a sneak preview below, just as soon as I make you aware of something that might be even more important.

#2 – I’m worried that Mom might be losing her marbles!

Did anybody else notice that her monthly
Awareness Calendars
have been leaving off the most IMPORTANT days?

I really don’t care much if nobody remembers that February is National Pet Dental Health Month. I mean, I don’t think many of my bloggin’ buds want to get their teeth brushed more often anyway.

But I do think it’s pretty darned important to know that
February is Responsible Pet Owners Month, don’t you?

I think even Mom agrees, but is it on her calendar anywhere this month?  No it is not.

AND – ahem!National Love Your Pet Day was this past Monday, February 20 – an important day for ALL of us. I sure don’t remember getting a bunch of extra cuddles and treats at the beginning of this week, do you guys?

And TODAY is February 23,
and I’ll bet nobody knows what that means.

It’s National Dog Biscuit Day!
(no kidding – Google it)

How is everybody supposed to remember to stock up
if Mom can’t remember to list it in that calendar?

Even if it’s too late to go buy some, there are online videos showing two-legses everywhere how to cook the kind you make at home. But has Mom set FOOT ONE in that kitchen all day?  No she has not!

I don’t think she even knows what day it is.

Do what she says, not what she does

She constantly checks those Mental Health Awareness calendars to keep her on track (no worries there, she never had a sense of time, my Mom) – but how is she going to remember these really important days if she doesn’t even put them in her calendars?

She’s always telling clients and students, “If it’s not in your book, it’s not in your life.”  Harumph! (I checked, by the way – and there’s nothing really important to ME in even one of them.)

What could be better for mental health than a happy little dog by your side?  (OR cat or pig or rabbit and all – but it IS National Dog Biscuit Day, ya’ know).

I don’t know about you, but snacks make me a pretty happy little dog.  And as long as she’s forkin’ ’em over, I’m gonna’ be RIGHT by her side.

And guess what else she didn’t remember to list?

So add your voice to mine, and tell her she needs HELP!

And now for that sneak preview I promised you, thanks to dear Bacon.  (By the way, my friend, make sure everybody at the Hotel knows that March 1 is National Pig Day)

And NOW about my turn in the Spotlight . . .

But before we move on to the sneak preview, I want to remind all the blogging dogs (and cats, pigs, parrots, bunnies, hamsters – or any other animals in the kingdom) to leave me a link to one of your posts down there in the comments section.

I need to always include some Related Content if I’m going to follow Mom’s format.  Again, you two-legses can leave a comment for her so she doesn’t feel like I’m trying to take over here.

And go see who came to MY PARTY if you wanna’ meet a whole bunch more fur-faced bloggersIn case you missed it, it’s still not to late to drop by and leave a calling card. (Mom insists we go by ADD rules here on our Evergreen blog, so comments never close).

If you are a blogging 4-legs like Bacon, looking for the rest of us, check ’em out! (or a parrot or other kind of bird – kingdom-diversity always welcome on THIS blog!)

In my upcoming posts, I’ll keep perusing the guest list for links to fluff up my Related Content section, so run on over and make sure you’re on that list.

BY THE WAY:  Mom wants me to remind all the two-legses that she can’t announce the actual start date of the new session of Group Coaching until she has an actual GROUP-ful.  So if a few of you guys who said you wanted to do it are waiting for a special invitation, consider this IT!  Sign up HERE (so she can use the money to buy treats for a small dog who deserves them).

And . . . back to ME!

I had to answer the basic questions before we got to the good stuff: like my name, how old I am, where I live, and where I blog (which you know already, obviously).

The next five questions were a lot more fun to answer:

1. What were your first thoughts when you met your new parents?
  2. What was the defining moment when you knew you were in your forever home?
  3. What has been your biggest “Oh no, now I’ve done it” moment so far in your home?
  4. Who do you have wrapped around your paws more – mom or dad – and why?
  5. What’s the biggest misconception that humans think about you?

Aren’t you just dying of curiosity? You can even see a few pictures of what I actually look like (but Mom took most of them, so don’t expect too much – ADD Poster Girl and all).

Click HERE to jump over to the Spotlight to read my interview. And be SURE to take a minute to say hi when you get there, okay?  I’ll be checkin’ in all day (just as soon as Mom wakes up and lets me down off the bed. of course ::sigh::).

You might want to click around to see what else is there – after you’ve read all about ME, of course. It’s a GREAT blog for four-legses and all our anipals.  There’s a whole big family of of different kinds of us living together in a hotel!  It’s a really cool blog to follow, and there’s even an advice column, just for us: Dear Bacon.

Want to work directly with Mom? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to her; she’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. She’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)

A FEW more links from my PARTY guests!
(still more to come! Go say hi, and be sure to tell them Tink sent you.)

BY THE WAY: Since ADDandSoMuchMore.com is an Evergreen site, Mom revisits her content periodically to update links — when you link back, like, follow or comment, you STAY on the page. When you do not, she tells me you run a high risk of getting replaced by a site with a more generous come-from.

60 Responses to TWO important messages from TinkerToy

1. Pingback: August 26th is National Dog Day | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

2. Pingback: TinkerToy’s Trip to the Woods | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

• Thanks, Aunt Kate. Mom says she is fighting with a cold right now, so she seems crazier than ever. All she wants to do these days is sleep!

• Aww poor Mom! Hopefully she’ll be up and around soon. xx

• You mean poor Tink – I’ve been stuck inside and bored, bored, bored! I think Mom’s almost better – but now she has to reset her sleep rhythms. So I’ll get outside in the daylight eventually, I guess – but she says she has to play catch-up before she can play frisbee.
          Woof! TINK

• Glad to hear Mom’s is feeling a lot better Tink. You’ll soon be out frolicking in the park. Love, Auntie Kate xx

• I sure hope so. I’m getting bored with all this sleeping!
              Woof! TINK

4. hello madelyn its dennis the vizsla dog hay wot??? it wuz nashunal dog biskit day and i missd it??? i am going to hav to go hav sum wurds with my mama and dada!!! ok bye

• For sure! I used guilt – give it a try on your end, Dennis. 🙂

5. mistermuse says:

My favorite pet when I was young was….well, you’ll have to read these last four stanzas of a poem I wrote years ago to find out:

They’ll stay outdoors

no better treat
    for her or him.

Oh — one more thing
    I’d like to say:
    “Like, have you hugged
    a duck today?”

• This is great. But, for Tinker and me it is more like, “have you *squeaked* a duck today?” (one of his favorite squeaky toys to fetch is a small fluffy duck).

6. tmezpoetry says:

Love it! Our pets hold such a special quality to make the world brighter for everyone.

• Thanks, Tammy. Our two-legses make our world brighter too – most of them, anyway. We 4-legses think we are much nicer, as a species.

But I can tell you are one of the good ones – like Mom. Thanks for reading my post.

• tmezpoetry says:

You becha Tink 🙂

• When Mom gives me some money and gets everybody’s address, you’ll be getting your dog yummy!
          Woof! TINK

Update from Mom: don’t hold your breath!

• tmezpoetry says:

Chuckles~

7. 😀 Madelyn it was a delight to hear from Tinker Toy. Plus, I’m totally amused by a National Dog Biscuit day. All in all, just marvelous. Mega hugs!

• Thanks Teagan. Tink swears he’d do a better job with the blog if I’d turn it over to him. He thinks my regular content is boring.

His marketing idea is to share his dog biscuits to anyone who comments, so you are on his list (as soon as he figures out the logistics).

• LOL. That’s very generous of Tink. Crystal offers to share some catnip with him. 😉

• Tell Crystal thanks – I like catnip. When we visit Aunt Peggy, I always hunt down her cat’s catnip toys.

Once I even hid one in my carrier and, when we got home, Mom thought that those black dots were fleas and threw it out in a baggy! Aunt Peggy and I thought that was pretty funny.
          Woof! TINK

Oooh, I can’t let Angel find out about Dog Biscuit Day!

• It’s too bad you already missed it, but you could surprise her next year with a big box, you know. Or cook some yourself.

9. 15andmeowing says:

I enjoyed your interview on Bacon’s blog.

• Thank you very much – and for jumping over here to tell me. I have met so many cool cats since I started blogging (get it? Cool Cats hehehe) – and I’m glad I just met another one.
      Woof! TINK

10. Amazing…. “dog biscuit day”. Just when I thought we’ve heard it all, lol. Did you get Tinkertoy one? I’m feeling a bit guilty not getting one for Emma, lol. What a cute pooch. Blessed doggie you are Tink.

• He’s actually MUCH cuter in person. He blames my lousy camera skills, of course, and he’s not entirely wrong there. But with lighter fur and a dark muzzle, the camera lies about the shape of his face.

I know, dog biscuit day – but the invasive species one had ME shaking my head.

Yeah – Tink got dog yummies – I keep them to underscore the “don’t keep up the warning bark” habit. What he really seems into today is cheese. He went nuts the moment I got out prep for the cheeseburger I fixed myself for lunch. I get a jones about twice a year, and today was one of those days. So, of course . . .

btw – Tink needs a link to a post about Emma to add to the list he is created for Related Content to his upcoming posts – so leave us one, okay? His next shot at the computer might be one for the Monday-Grumpy-Monday Series, so if you have one of those it would be PERFECT. Anything about – or by – Emma works, otherwise.

• Tink is a handsome little guy and you did excellent in photographing him. Isn’t it something the days they designate as if we can keep track, lol. We have a difficult enough time remembering what day today is. We’ll get you the link to Emmas post. She had a ton of them when we first started this blogging adventure and we need to get them out of the archives. It’ll be fun. What an honor to see her noted on your site. Your energy is amazing.

• In some areas – mostly intellectual, lol. I admire the way you guys are always ready to get up and GO.

• Thank you Madelyn. Like you we see life is so precious and there is so much to see and do. We remember so clearly the big house, lots of land, lots of stuff and minimal fun cuz we were always working job and home. Now we have downsized and are up at 5 to see where the roads go because each back road “links” to something exciting. When we slide into heaven we’re gonna have lots of dings and dents from having run into life instead of away from it, lol.

• UP at 5. AM, I assume? Not in my reality – unless I am only just going to bed. When do you guys go to bed to keep that schedule? Sunset? 🙂

• Pretty full days. We’re in bed by 11 p.m. or later. Wake to the coffee pot doing its thing and the day begins. Mornings are so nice to walk and watch the sun rise. You keep some pretty long hours though don’t you?

• I do keep long hours, but the problem is that my brain insists that my “day” is longer than the neurotypical 24 — thus, my yearly Non-24 Day posts. Tink wrote most of the one for this year, where the theme was “first-person experiences.” I had already done that in Living with JetLag, so I turned the computer over for him to explain what it was like to have to live with me [Sleeping with the Enemy].

Sleep timing disorders are a bear to live with – even without the complication of ADD. Any idiot can “go to bed at a decent hour” – but I challenge them ALL to fall asleep when their brain believes it’s still the middle of the day.

• Naps are good and we enjoy them on regular occasions. Tink will keep you going.

• lol – he naps while I work and wants to play in bed – big help HE is! 🙂

• That’s so funny. It’s like they want us on their schedule. I’m sure you’re a good mommy though and get up and play, lol?

• Oh yeah. He makes his desires known and I must obey. 🙂

• They sure know how to train us don’t they. And, we love them for it, lol.

• I most certainly do – but then, I have been very well trained. 🙂

• LOL. But really… how can we resist when we look in their beautiful little eyes and cock that head with expressions that words are unable to accurately express.

• Clearly we cannot – at least I cannot anyway. Tink works me like a stripper dancing for tips!

• LOL,LOL,LOL! They seem to hone in on our weaknesses and work it for all it’s worth.

• How can *anybody* believe that dogs don’t think? None of us who spend regular time with them KNOW that they probably out-think us. 🙂

• Ain’t this the truth!!!!!

• Mom’s right: I out-think her every time!

11. joliesattic says:

I found my dog on my doorstep and was never able to find his real owners, even though I tried real hard. I couldn’t imagine anyone dumping such a cutie. When I found him his teeth were in horrible shape, some looked like they were about to fall out. I got his teeth cleaned, right away and little by little his gums and teeth began to look healthier. I do this annually with periodic in between brushings. Very important. Having been a dental assistant, I am big on good oral hygiene.

• Lucky dog to have found his way to *your* doorstep. I hope his original owners didn’t MEAN to dump him.

Tink has the tiniest teeth I’ve ever seen on a dog. Hamster-sized, practically – but so far so good, according to his vet.

Unlike Tink, I’ll bet, as an ex-dental assistant , you LOVED seeing that that February is National Pet Dental Health Month. Thanks for popping by and taking the time to ring in.

Thank you so much for sharing my link. 💐

• You are most welcome.

13. robjodiefilogomo says:

It’s so fun to hear from Tinkertoy!! Our pets are such a great addition to our lives. Our poor kitty has to go get 2 teeth pulled today at the vet (and let me tell you how embarrassing that is for a retired dentist—and yes, I do brush & scale both the kittie’s teeth)
    jodie

• Thanks, Jodi. He’d take over the blog if I’d let him.

Poor kitty! I didn’t even want Tink to SEE this one. I hope everything turns out okay and that s/he feels so much better once s/he heals.

You SCALE? That’s tough for a dog, but a cat?!

• robjodiefilogomo says:

Yes…but remember I am a retired dentist—it’s kinda in my blood..ha ha!!

• I cannot even imagine choosing that field – but I sure wish you’d been my best bud when I was going through years of dental agita (and lived next door).

Are you aware of how many ADD/EFDers do not know HOW to brush and floss? And how much trouble that causes? Dentists are seldom the best communicators, except for the back end tut-tut-tuts, of course, which only compounds the problem. I think as many people are afraid of the make-wrong as they are the novocaine (well maybe not AS many, but more than you would believe).

In all fairness, I must say that ALL of my dentists were male, while the support staff was young, female and usually said little. The receptionist was the only chatty person I ever ran across on a dental team. They all had pretty teeth, tho’.

What motivated you to choose dental school. btw – I know it is more difficult to get into than med school, so congrats there, but ????? And then you retired so young.

• robjodiefilogomo says:

There really were so many factors that made me choose dentistry. One being that I’m a picker by nature (can you say gross?)….and I really love helping people. I did it for over 20 years and it was all good—-but the thing I didn’t love was being a boss.
            I’m a terrible boss because I wanted everyone to love it and be dedicated to it like I was—-how silly! And I wasn’t going to retire this young, but the right woman just happened to come along and wanted to buy my practice. It was really serendipitous!! So like they say…when opportunity knocks….

• I went back to read your About after I asked those questions – duh! – but I still think it was an unusual aspiration for a young woman.

14. I saw your fab spotlight interview… well done!!! I have to bear that toothbrush torture now too… I don’t like it… but the mama showed me the price list at the vet and what they want for teeth cleaning…and she said I have to pay that with my pocket money in case I will not co-puperate with teeth cleaning….think she has that marbles problem too…

• Thanks. I saw your comment – and even left you one already.

But the teeth thing – what’s with the 2-legses love affair with brushing things? Maybe they all need more marbles.

I put up with the fur brushing because those mats pinch my skin if I don’t (you’re lucky you have short hair!). But come ON – brushing teeth too?! But Mom said that teeth cleaning at the vet is no fun and might even hurt, so if I don’t want that I have to let her do the other thing.

I love the Greenies I get every nite – aren’t they supposed to clean my teeth?

Woof! TINK

PS. Did you get celebrated last Monday — National Love Your Pet Day?

• the mama took me to the beach the furst time… I loved it!!! I eat a greenie or a whimzee every day too… and I can’t wait to get the big dental sticks, the small for puppies are not enough for a guy with 7 stomachs :o)

• Shoot – I have a teensy mouth and the little ones are worthless, even for me. I can get through a really big one so fast that Mom thinks I must be hiding them. lol But I’ve never even SEEN a beach.