The World’s only Dog who’s a real-live PIG

Spotlight STAR-dom!
Thanks to the world’s only dog/pig
Guest blogger: TinkerToy

Let’s hear it for Bacon!

TinkerToy here again, reminding you that nobody really calls me that but my mom.  My friends call me Tink.  And I want to tell you about one of them – Bacon. (Yes – that Bacon – the one who writes the Dear Bacon advice column, not to name drop.)

Well, I just found out he’s also a producer!
And he’s gonna’ make me a star too!

He has this interview show online called SpotLight Thursday, and he just asked me to be in it.  Just like that.  Right out of the blue.

And guess what else?  It’s gonna’ be ALL about me – sorta’ like that Actor’s Studio interview show Mom loves where all kinds of stars answer questions about their lives, only it’s online – on a blog.

So, of course, I want to tell you all about HIM!

Way back before I dubbed him an official member of The Canine Club, Bacon was born a miniature pot bellied pig.

His parents adopted him when he was only three weeks old – and he’s been one of my blog buddies since my debut guest-post, Blogging Tips from a Shih Tzu.

He has his own quarters at the Hotel Thompson — and he blogs and journals and otherwise tells all about practically everything and everyone in his life, including his adopted blogging brother Houdini (who’s a dog-dog like me), his forever Mom and Dad (who tells the world’s corniest jokes, but don’t hurt his feelings), his purr sibling Hemi, and a whole kennel’s worth of pet rocks.

The pet rock invasion began when one of them, Bashful, began traveling. He suddenly started to make a whole lot of friends who really liked to be around him.  They sorta’ followed him back to Hotel Thompson for his visits home and just decided, one by one, that they would stay. So now they’re all part of the family.

They also have their very own reporter – Journalist Rocky the Squirrel (Keeping [his] paws on the nuts of the world!”)

(Read all about all of them – and see their pictures – HERE)

So STAY TUNED

I’ll let you know as soon as I turn up in the Spotlight – because Mom always says, “inquiring minds want to know — and I know you ALL have one of those, right?

It’s tentatively scheduled toward the end of February
(and remember, it’s Spotlight Thursday – so it won’t be on any of the other days).

For those of you who just can’t wait that long, I’ve included a few links to some other 4-legs stars below – with links to their very own blogging sites too.  If you are a blogging 4-legs looking for the rest of us, check ’em out! (or a parrot or other kind of bird – kingdom-diversity always welcome on THIS blog!)

Be sure to tell ’em Tink sent you!

A Few Other Blogging 4-legses in the SpotLight

And links from a FEW of my wonderful PARTY guests!
(more to come)

Okay guys – YOU fill up my Relateds to come, okay?

Anybody ELSE want to join my pack?  Now that I get to be online sometimes, I’m gonna’ keep inviting all the blogging dogs (and cats, pigs, parrots, bunnies, hamsters – or any other animals in the kingdom) to leave me a link to one of your posts down there in the comments section. According to Mom, I need to always include some Related Content if I’m going to follow her format.

Again, you two-legses can leave a comment for my mom – so she doesn’t feel like I’m about to take over her blog. I care about her feelings, after all (and I don’t want to make her jealous).

And go see who came to MY PARTY if you wanna’ meet a whole bunch more fur-faced bloggers (cats, even – and some other pigs who are full-fledged pigs!)

If you missed it, it’s still not to late to drop by and leave a calling card.
(Mom insists we go by ADD rules here on our Evergreen blog, so comments never close).

In my upcoming posts, I’ll keep perusing the guest list for links to fluff up my Related Content section, so run on over and make sure you’re on that list.

BY THE WAY:  Mom can’t announce the actual start of Group Coaching until she has an actual GROUP.  So if a few of you guys who said you wanted to do it are waiting for a special invitation or something, consider this IT!  Sign up HERE

Oh yeah – in case you haven’t been in the stores lately
Pick up your Valentines Day treats before they’re all gone!
(and don’t forget that fur-faces like treats too –
even tho’ we can’t have the chocolate kind)

Want to work directly with Mom? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to her; she’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. She’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)

Related Articles ’round the net – from the fur & feather set

A couple of GREAT ones from and about my Mom

BY THE WAY: Since ADDandSoMuchMore.com is an Evergreen site, Mom revisits her content periodically to update links — when you link back, like, follow or comment, you STAY on the page. When you do not, she tells me you run a high risk of getting replaced by a site with a more generous come-from.

34 Responses to The World’s only Dog who’s a real-live PIG

1. Pingback: TWO important messages from TinkerToy | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

2. reocochran says:

Very nice to meet more four legged pets, as well as the invitation to add any other animals. Thanks, Tink. You’re a cutie! ❤

• Thank you very much – that’s what Mom says too (and my fans at my Cheers bar down the street).

Click around. You’ll be amazed at how many pet-bloggers there are (I mean, 4-legses and birds who blog – you probably already know there are a lot of two-legses that blog about their pets).

Thanks for stopping by.
      Woof! TINK

3. adeleulnais says:

I must remember to introduce Dante Dog our beautiful GSD cross collie. He’s great blogging mates with Ani.

• Yes! Tink loves Ani.

Have him say hi following *any* of Tink’s posts – but Tink is grabbing links from his Party post first. (Remember, 1 link per comment or you will be auto-spammed).

PS. Dante or Dante Dog?

• adeleulnais says:

His name is Dante but he likes to call himself Dante Dog lol I will remember and tell him too. xx

• Make sure, ok?
          Woof! TINK

4. Reblogged this on Kate McClelland and commented:
    Thank you for the mention Tink, you’re very kind Auntie Kate xx

• THANKS, Aunt Kate, for passing the word about Bacon (and mostly about me being a star and all).

Does that make you my publicist too? I read that all the stars have to have one of those.

• Hahahaha You’re most definitely a star Tink!

• I hope you’re right – cause I gotta’ get famous and hire my own chef.

Mom made the great-smelling frittata tonight – and I could have had some too if she hadn’t forgotten about the mushrooms and garlic and onions.

I think she’s losing it!
          TINK

5. mistermuse says:

Bacon is cute in “a face only a mother could love” kind of way….cuter, at least, than a few of my pot bellied inlaws, whom I wouldn’t want as pets for all the bacon in Birmingham. 🙂

• I think he doesn’t photograph as cute as he is in life – Tink’s like that too. Tink’s muzzle is dark and the surrounding fur is light, so his face always looks totally flat with huge eyes in photos, unless I can get him in profile. (In real life he looks nothing like a flounder!!!)

As for in-laws? No comment. btw- is Birmingham known for its pork products? Cincinnati is – BIG pig fans here.

6. Piglove says:

aaww thanks so much pal. I really, REALLY appreciate it. Love you bunches for sure and can’t wait for your Spotlight! Honorary pup – XOXO – Bacon

• Hey Bacon! Great to see that you paid a visit – and that you approve. I hope EVERYbody clicks over to check you out – and comes back when I get to be the star for a day.
      Woof! TINK

Mmm, I’ve never met a blogging pot bellied pig, or any pot bellied pig for that matter. But then, I’m a cat and live at home. I blog occasionally at saylingaway.wordpress. com, when I can get on the computer of my two legged, Noelle
    Hugs to the pig anyway,
    Elijah Moon

• Hi Elijah Moon – the humans don’t have all the good talents! Next time you get to drive the computer, bop over and add a link in a comment to my most recent post (or any of them – I’ll see it). Then when I do my next one, I can add it to my Relateds.
      Woof! Tink

8. Hey Madelyn one of your best posts is this. I too am a great lover of dogs and I too have an adorable goldern retriever and her name is Amber. I could so relate to your most adorable post and loved the dogs talking and my daughter always keeps on saying we too have one more daughter do not call her dog cause she can hear us so clearly. Unconditional lovers are they. Thanks a ton.

• Thank you, Kamal.

I’ve been surprised by how many people love Tink’s posts — even people who don’t live with animals. (He’s not, of course lol)

You are right – dogs offer an experience of unconditional love that very few of us have ever received from other humans. If we allow ourselves to participate fully, as we care for their furry little beings, we also get to feel unconditional love for them.

Perhaps that’s why they say that “dog” is God spelled backwards.

• Yes absolutely true they r so near God and they r angels in dog form. Our house is so full of her and yes they r also just like us only they don’t talk. Your post was awesome Madelyn loved it. Happy day to u dear.

• Well, it was really all my puppies doing.

• Yes all little darlings.

9. Hi Tink!! What a wonderful post…Samantha is indeed jealous of your blogging skills! We just dropped by to give you and Mom some big hugs. HUGS!! 💜💜

• Hugs back to Samantha (wow, I’ve never actually exchanged hugs with a cat before).

Tell Sam that I’m jealous of her poetry writing skills. Mine are lousy:

There once was a dog named TINK
      And when he didn’t let his Momma groom his face he would start to stink.
      He was friends with a kitty named Sam
      And that is the end, thank you Ma’am.

SEE? We all have our special notes to play in life’s symphony
      (according to Mom – but I can’t play any musical instruments either).

She also has one about songs to sing, but I don’t sing – not even a note. OR write poetry.

Woof! TINK

10. some bloke says:

your mum has a blog?

that’s neet 😊 😊

• This is her blog, actually – I’m just an occasional Guest Blogger (for now, heh-heh-heh)

Weird message from Mom: “Let me know if you want some help with that memory problem.” 🙂
      Woof! TINK

11. speedyrabbit says:

thanks for writing about my pal Bacon,xx Speedy

• speedyrabbit says:

and for adding a link to me,you’re pawsome,xx Speedy

• I wondered if you saw that – thanks for coming back to let me know. So if a bunch of strange dogs and cats start visiting, maybe they came from my turf – which is actually the whole point, ya’ know.
        Woof! TINK

• You’re so welcome, Speedy – isn’t diversity GREAT! Bacon is friends with a whole bunch of us, so thanks for dropping over and saying thanks for introducing him to still more, leaving something to let me know you were here.
      Woof! TINK

12. The cutest post, Tink! Thank you for mentioning us and linking to our human’s blog.
    Purrs and meows,
    Beba and Barmalei

• Hi guys – You are very welcome. You were my very first Party guests, so of course I had to put your link on my very next post.

Oh, and tell Dolly that Mom began researching MegaSkills – pdfs and videos and websites and stuff – and wants you to say thanks for her.
      Woof! TINK