Censorship in America – *Actual* Facts
Monday, January 30, 2017 82 Comments
Please don’t make me do this!
TRY to behave yourself, okay?
© Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
from the What Kind of World do YOU Want? Series
Except for issues impacting Mental Health, this is NOT a political blog – and I do not want it to become one.
Although I am the linking queen, I rarely reblog either.
The “jump around the ‘net to read it all” format is really not great for readers with attentional issues and other struggles with Executive Functioning — even before I factor in the particular format that the WordPress Fairies believe is just hunky-dory.
I truly resent feeling forced to do either, just because a certain man/child believes he can get away with whatever he wants and the American public will say little about it.
And yet, here I am, just about to do both.
If not us, WHO?
I’m breaking two of my own “rules” because I truly believe that if each of us is not willing to stand up against censorship – immediately and firmly – we are putting our own ability to communicate freely on this very blogging platform in jeopardy.
So, at the risk of disharmony at home, I’ve rescheduled TinkerToy‘s Guest Blog telling you all about his BIG news to be able to bring you my version of a Public Service Announcement.
The political cartoons are a few spoons full of sugar,
hoping to make the medicine go down just a bit easier.
Don’t forget that you can always check out the sidebar
for a reminder of how links work on this site, they’re subtle ==>
It’s worse than you thought. PLEASE SHARE!
Posted on January 29, 2017 by luckyotter
Source says: PLEASE SHARE! Sharing with permission.
From an Environmental Protection Agency staffer.
“So I work at the EPA and yeah it’s as bad as you are hearing: The entire agency is under lockdown, the website, facebook, twitter, you name it is static and can’t be updated. All reports, findings, permits and studies are frozen and not to be released. No presentations or meetings with outside groups are to be scheduled.
Any Press contacting us are to be directed to the Press Office which is also silenced and will give no response.
All grants and contracts are frozen, from the contractors working on Superfund sites to grad school students working on their thesis.
We are still doing our work, writing reports, doing cancer modeling for pesticides hoping that this is temporary and we will be able to serve the public soon.
But many of us are worried about an ideologically-fueled purging and if you use any federal data I advise you gather what you can now.
We have been told the website is being reworked to reflect the new administration’s policy.
Feel free to copy and paste, you all pay for the government and you should know what’s going on.
I am posting this as a fellow citizen and not in any sort of official capacity.”
What Can We DO?
Reblog, follow those on the front lines and tweet in support!
The National Park Service launched an ambitious attempt at defending itself against the censorship of our current infant in charge.
After he temporarily took away their Twitter privileges and then later forced them to delete factual tweets about climate change, the NPS launched its own unofficial Twitter account which he, supposedly, can’t touch.
And shortly thereafter, the EPA joined the NPS in going rogue online.
EPA employees, whose identities must remain anonymous in order to make sure there will be fewer punishments or firings, are now posting under the Twitter username @ActualEPAFacts — and the account is quickly gaining popularity
- The rogue Twitter account began with the announcement that “[mgh tries her best not to use his name] forced us to remove this page” along with a link to a now-deleted climate change article on the epa.gov website.
- The account has since gone on to make the case as to why his nominee Scott Pruitt, who pretends climate change isn’t real, is unfit to lead the agency.
- There have been reports that anonymous EPA employees were leaking Pruitt’s every secret move to the media in the hope that the public would become outraged enough to fight back — which now is beginning to happen.
- The rest of the unofficial EPA account on Twitter consists of links to useful climate change and environmental news, as well as the ongoing documentation of both the Orange-man’s and Pruitt’s attempts at dismantling the agency from within.
As they say in the theatre – Sing Out, Louise!
The follower stats are climbing steadily –
go add your follow if you use that platform.
If not NOW, when?
Oh – and be sure to sprinkle anything you read on a government site
with a YUGE shaker of salt.
© 2017, all rights reserved
Check bottom of Home/New to find out the “sharing rules”
(reblogs always okay, and much appreciated)
As always, if you want notification of new articles in this Series – or any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy
IN ANY CASE, do stay tuned.
There’s a lot to know, a lot here already, and a lot more to come – in this Series and in others.
Get it here while it’s still free for the taking.
Want to work directly with me? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading this Series (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to me; we’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. I’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)
You might also be interested in some of the following articles
available right now – on this site and elsewhere.
For links in context: run your cursor over the article above and the dark grey links will turn dark red;
(subtle, so they don’t pull focus while you read, but you can find them to click when you’re ready for them)
— and check out the links to other Related Content in each of the articles themselves —
Related articles right here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com
(in case you missed them above or below)
- Brain-based Coaching with Madelyn Griffith-Haynie
- Group Coaching LinkList – read all about it!
- Private Coaching with mgh – formats & fees
Other supports for this article – on ADDandSoMuchMore.com
A Few LinkLists by Category (to articles here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com)
- The What Kind of World do YOU Want? Series of articles
- The Executive Functioning LinkList
- Attentional Basics
- Variations on ADD-ADHD
Related Content & ’round the net
- VERY Funny Video spoofing America First – must watch!
- T’s War On Environment Begins Anew With Censorship, Halting EPA Funding, & Revitalizing Keystone XL & Dakota Access Pipelines
- USA Today: Censorship, political meddling has no place in science, weather group says
- NPR: It’s Not Just The Park Service: ‘Rogue’ Federal Twitter Accounts Multiply
- A Conversation With the Rogue National Park Service Twitter Account
- ABC: President Called National Park Service Upset Over Inauguration Crowd Retweet