TinkerToy’s FIRST Meet and Greet for 4-legses

Inspired by the ones hosted by 2-legses
(but we 4-legged bloggers have a lot to say too!)

Guest blogger: TinkerToy

It’s never too late to party with us!
Comments never close here – so leave your calling card.

CALLING ALL DOGS
cats, squirrels, pigs, hamsters, rabbits, rats, turtles, even parrots and budgies

We can do it too

If you’ve been over to PuppyDoc’s blog, you already know she’s not a real dog.

Her actual name is Phoebe and she’s a 2-legs who is also a super doctor with a HUGE heart — but who can blame her for adopting a great nickname like that, huh? (She explains why on her own blog, so jump over there if you want to know the back-story.)

Anyway, she hosted this big Meet-and-Greet Party where some of my pals and I left links to our blogs. I guess it was a great party for Mom, but not so much for me.

No offense, PuppyDoc, but I had to scroll through screen-loads of links to 2-legs’es blogs to find the ones written by possible blogging buds for ME.

So I thought I’d throw a party of my own to see if I could host a spot where us 4-legses stand out because we’re the only ones there (no offense to you blogging birds, btw – you are more than welcome too).

Remember that you can always check out the sidebar

WHERE are all you guys blogging?

Found on Pinterest

In a comment below:

1. Let us ALL know what you blog about
  2. Give us the title of one of your favorite posts, then
  3. Copy the address from your browser’s address bar & paste it in your comment
    I’ll edit your links to make them open in a new tab or window
    so nobody loses their place here when they go to visit
  4. Don’t forget to tell us your name – and what kind of blogger you are (dog, cat, mouse…rabbit, gerbil, robin?)

THEN, go down the list to meet and greet EVERYBODY!

In my upcoming guest-posts, I’ll come back here to grab a few links to fill up my Relateds (Mom doesn’t believe in blogging without sharing Related Content and she won’t keep letting me blog if I don’t do it too – so help me out here, okay?)

Comments never close on Mom’s blog btw, so if you can leave your calling card even if you ADD-out and miss it by weeks and weeks. We go by ADD rules here.

Don’t tempt the snatchers

Oh yeah, and she wants me to be sure to remind everybody that the automated spam-police might haul you off to the pound if you leave more than one link in a comment.

If that happens I’ll never be able to find your comment – and I have to see them to approve them before anybody else can see them either.

All is not Lost

You can always leave me a link to one of your other great posts under any of my other articles – even the older ones (links below) – or the ones that Mom hasn’t gotten it together to publish yet (after she does, I mean).

You can link back here or re-blog this post if you know a bunch of other 4-legses who would be interested in meeting the rest of us (or maybe if your 2-legses want to share with some of their friends) — but even if you don’t like reblogs or haven’t learned how to do links, you’re welcome to come to my party anyway.

PLEASE come to my party!

Mom tells me not to get my feelings hurt if I throw a party and nobody comes, but I told her to stockpile the snacks anyway (heh-heh-heh — did you catch what I did there?)

But really, I’m just a small dog with a tiny tummy,
so I really would rather have you come to my party
to chow down with me.

You can bring your two-legses, by the way, and they can leave comments for Mom  — or links to posts that are about you.

But please remind them that Mom has over 500 other posts where they can leave their links, okay?

Except for The Great Kate, that is (honorary hamster and my very own adopted aunt).  She’s always reblogging fur-legs’es posts – even mine! — so she can link to anything she wants.

Her own poetry is really good too, btw, some even what Mom calls “on topic” for Mental Health Awareness.  (The Hamsta’ Dudes totally agree, btw)

I hope that doesn’t hurt anybody’s feelings, but the whole point of this Blog Party is to make it easy for us four legged bloggers (and birds) to find each other and connect.

Woof!
Tink

And NOW, a few links from my sponsor – MOM!

If any of your two-legses need some expert brain-based coaching help, check these out:

As always, if you want notification of new articles from me (or Mom) – or any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy

Want to work directly with my Mom? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to her; she’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. She’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)

A few of my other posts:

A couple of GREAT ones from my Mom

Related fur & feather set posts ’round the ‘net

BY THE WAY: Since ADDandSoMuchMore.com is an Evergreen site, Mom revisits her content periodically to update links — when you link back, like, follow or comment, you STAY on the page. When you do not, she tells me you run a high risk of getting replaced by a site with a more generous come-from.

129 Responses to TinkerToy’s FIRST Meet and Greet for 4-legses

1. Pingback: August 26th is National Dog Day | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

2. Pingback: TinkerToy’s Trip to the Woods | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

3. Pingback: A Shih Tzu’s take on Brain-based Coaching | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

4. Pingback: TWO important messages from TinkerToy | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

5. darsword says:

Wow! Lots of fun furries and featheries! Hopefully you got a pingback from my share. It is fun getting to know you, TINK. By the way, are you a girl or a boy? I assumed with Killer as your real name you might be a boy. MommaDar calls me a chicken cause ringing bells like the cellphone noises make me shake all over. Nice to meet everyone! Kali

6. Pingback: Kali Makes Friends | Darswords

7. Pingback: The World’s only Dog who’s a real-live PIG | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

8. Maggie C says:

Hi, TINK: I’m Chules, an American Eskie. I love parties! Especially ones with snacks.My mom writes about all sorts of things, but her best posts include me, of course. And I manage to get into lots of photos that she posts. Sometimes my buddies get into the act, and then there’s the cat… check out this post:

Canine Culpability

9. Frank Prem says:

Hi Madelyn and Tinks. Lovely to drop into the party.

I thought I could maybe introduce Leelu (Border Collie) via a poem. She’s not with me any more, but she was the best.

Job Done

Cheers,

Frank

10. Tabi Bee says:

Hi it’s Reenie here! Looks like s great party! ❤️🐰

• It IS, Reenie – and great 4-legses are still stopping by.

I’m so glad you did too, but you have to come back and leave a LINK to one of the articles about you to introduce yourself to the rest of the gang.

Scroll down the comments and you’ll see what I mean. We can all click the links to visit each others blogs. Cool, huh?
      Woof! TINK

11. On my blog candacedwyer.com, I have two different postings required by my pup Abbey Gale Proscuitto… The title of my blog is named Reflections of Joy…

The blogs by and for Abbey are Abbey’s Christmas Card Song and the other is Abbey’s Antics. Abbey’s Antics II is on the to do list! Please come and visit.

And, thank you and your mom Tink for the invite to share with you and your friends! 🐾🌹

12. mistermuse says:

Thanks for your warning not to leave more than one link in a comment. I wasn’t aware of the danger in doing that.

• Not on ALL blogs – you can set Akismet filter strength “backstage” somewhere. But it’s a fairly safe assumption that one will fly and more will not.

After setting my approvals to “only if they’ve never commented before,” I started attracting logarithmically more link-spam. I guess they’d leave one that sounded legit, then get ready to swarm the gates once I approved it.

I felt I simply had to increase the spam-filter strength and approve ALL or I’d drown in the stuff. I do have a Spam Warning on my sidebar – but who really reads sidebar content most of the time?

Some people don’t allow ANY “live” [clickable] links, btw – which is why I generally avoid them unless specifically invited to leave one – thus my sig: ADDandSoMuchMore dot com.

13. Sue Vincent says:

Hey Tink!
    Neat idea 🙂 My two-legs says she’s not getting notifications again, so missed this..( you just can’t get a decent one sometimes…) .hope I’m not too late 🙂

Notes from a small dog – Finders Keepers

14. Oh how fun! My name is Bailey Boo the Goldendoodle! While my mom has not allowed me to take over her WHOLE blog yet, I do get to share my words of wisdom every Friday (aka Furball Friday). Here is a link to my recent birthday post!

Furball Friday – Happy Birthday Bailey

Click on the “Furball Friday” link in the home menu to see all my words of wisdom. 🙂
    Oh and my mom, Meghan, says “hi” too!

• Yeah – me either. Mom keeps posting all this boring stuff instead of the fascinating things I could tell everybody from a dog’s point of view. She tells me to be grateful for small favors – but I’m trying to convince her that I’m only thinking about her readers.

THANKS for coming to my party.
      I can’t wait to read all about you. I’ve had a ball visiting everybody’s blogs and reading really interesting things. I hope everybody will go meet everybody else.
      Woof! TINK

PS. Mom says to tell Meghan welcome – and that the other 2-legses are over by the bar

15. Susanne says:

Thanks for the invite! This is Susanne and I’m visiting from Cats and Trails and Garden Tales. I share my blog with two kitties: Tiger and Benji.

Here’s a link to a post I did with Benji, called,

The many faces of Benji. Hope you enjoy!

16. Pingback: Do You Like Fuzzy Animals Who Blog? 🐾 – Musings of PuppyDoc

17. WOW WOW WOW! What a super awesome party! Puppydoc loves it (even though she IS merely 2-legged)! Samantha didn’t think she was invited cause she doesn’t have her own blog…so she was SO thrilled when you asked if she was coming!

Unfortunately, Samantha only has one day out of the week dedicated to her…that’s right…Silly Samantha Sunday!
    Samantha the Kitty

Puppydoc told her it was because this is a poetry blog, so if Samantha wants to be featured more, she needs to write more poetry. So she did! Well, just one poem…and shockingly, it was about her wanting to be a DOG! 😱

I Wish I were a Dog

Sigh. Puppydoc simply has no idea what goes through her mind….

Love you guys!!

-Puppydoc (and Samantha!) 💙 💙 💙

18. In this link Sylvester demonstrates some Yoga poses. However instead of Downward Dog The Syl One is Upward Cat! LOL!
    Sylvester Demonstrates Various Cat Yoga Poses

19. Sylvester enjoying last years Palm Sunday! Those palms are like catnip for him. Sometimes Sylvester can be a real Catastrophe!! LOL!!
    Sylvester’s Palm Sunday

20. Reblogged this on The Life & Times of Zoe the Fabulous Feline and commented:
    PAHTY! PAHTY!(Hey, I’m a cat from Boston!) Come join Tink’s party!

• Yea Zoe!! We need some fresh blood at this fur-fest – so thanks for letting all your friends know that its a happening thing. I hope they come to the party (and that everybody here visits you at home too).

If you have something special that you want to make SURE nobody misses, you can still come back and leave us a link so we can sniff it out.
      TINK

21. Am I late? Am I late? This is a very important (party) date! Well, here I am; a cat writer, a true tuxedo cat, and the cat’s meow (or so I’ve been told). This is probably my favorite story to date – Zoe Goes On A Diet.

I think folks can relate to it, and I do hope the subject does not ruin the party. Now, where’s the food again??

22. Tina Frisco says:

Hi Tink … What a fabulous idea! I’ve shared this across my pages and hope it will encourage some 4-legged and winged bloggers to partake of the festivities. I hope your party is a smash hit! And btw, thank you so much for the mention. Sending you oodles of belly rubs 🙂 💕

23. Eugenia says:

Hi Madelyn, I brought my furry four legged friend, Amanda. The post I am sharing was a write up done last February. Amanda is quite a diva and loves to sleep on top of my hubby. They are quite a napping pair. ☕️ 🍵
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey EVERYBODY — it took me a bit to find it, but I think this is the post she is talking about:
    Guest Post Thursday: Amanda Panda

24. painkills2 says:

If you don’t mind, I’m gonna do what I usually do at parties — sit over here in the corner and watch everybody have a good time. 🙂

25. colinandray says:

Hi Tink – Sorry I’m a little late, so wheres the food! BOL! I don’t actually have my own Blog… well I sort of do! What I mean is… there is a Blog which was started because of me, and still features Posts about me (with a few other categories mixed in) however, Colin (my “Dad”) will let me respond personally to comments that come from dogs, cats, rabbits, pigs, birds… whatever. He just manages the human chat! The link below goes to a Post about me!
    A Ray Anniversary

• Hey everybody – meet RAY – Colin wrote a book about him so now he is a BIG star in literary circles – but he’s so humble you’d never know it, unless somebody else told you. Like a lot of you guys, Ray had a really rough start, but then . . . well, jump over to read all about how things turned around for this handsome hunk – first hand. They say it a lot better than I would.
      Woof! TINK

• colinandray says:

Wow! Thanks Tink. That was quite the intro! You got any biscuits around here somewhere? Woof! Ray.

• Yeah, well I just thought everybody needed to know, and I know how shy you get about self-promotion sometimes.

Food? I keep trying to point out what Dolly and the kitties brought (she was the first one here, so slide on down to find it) She calls it some kind of appeteaser.

Tell Colin that Dolly writes a food blog like NO other – worth reading for the super context she wraps around food — even if you don’t cook and don’t intend to learn. (stories from Russia and other parts of the world, history, amazing dance videos, etc.) KoolKosherKitchen

I keep hoping that a few fur-faces whose parents make home-made treats just for them will come to my party and share the recipes for THOSE!

But the party is young still – and we’re gonna’ be here for LONG time!
          Woof! TINK

26. So, is this where I leave a link? I like this one because it shows what an idiot Andrew is and how smart I am.

Danny and the Three Monsters

27. Hey! Birds don’t have four legs. What are they doin’ here? By the way, my favorite posts are any with the name Danny in it.

• WOW! Danny’s here!!!!! THANKS for coming to my party, Danny. I’m thrilled and honored.

I know it sounds crazy, but just *in case* anybody comes who doesn’t know you already (or ::gasp:: has never heard of you), grab a name tag and leave a link to any ole’ “Danny” post. (After all, they’re ALL pretty great, right?)

But don’t be mean to the birds, okay? It’s not their fault they were born without front legs like us. They’re not exactly 2-legses either, so we need to step up and offer them asylum. We don’t want anybody to think we agree with the tactics of that Trumpet 2-legs, do we?

Why build walls when we can build bridges? (I’m not sure what that has to do with *anything* but Mom says it a lot and she said it about this). Mom also says: “Where he takes the low road, we need to take the high road.”

It might not have worked for that Hillary 2-legs very well, but if we all start slinging muck it’ll be a pretty mucky world.

Btw – have you tried that bean dish that Dolly brought? I didn’t eat it ALL yet.

Woof! TINK

28. Reblogged this on Kate McClelland and commented:
    Awww thanks Tink, I am proud of my Honorary Hamster title and wear it with pride and grateful for the part time use of the running wheel! Also proud of being called your Aunt, most gracious of you.

• Aunt Kate, you came! Now I KNOW it’s gonna’ be a great party.

Thanks for the reblog and all, but YOU are ‘spose to leave a link to one of the poems or stories you have written. It doesn’t even have to be 4-leg inspired for YOU. Just pick something you’re pretty proud of (or like a bunch) and SHARE it already!

Mom says you spend all your time tooting everybody else’s horn, and now you need a shot at tooting your own for a change.

I’m not sure what that has to do with your stories and poems, but it’s okay with me if you do that too, as long as Mom thinks it’s a good idea. She’s usually right about good and bad ideas, btw.
      Woof! TINK

• OMG – you guys got trapped and hauled off to the pound. 😦

Since Mom gets so MUCH link-spam (a bunch over a million in the last 6 years, according to her Akismet spam counter), comments with more than ONE link must now be auto-spammed. She hardly ever digs thru the trash, but I did – and I found you after a dedicated search for captured party guests.

Next time, leave only one link per comment – then leave another comment with the next one, and so forth. THEN you’ll get seen and approved so everybody else can see you too. I see what Mom means about how much time it takes to dig thru all the pages and pages of link-spam, so I won’t be doing it much myself anymore.

Woof! TINK

29. The great Kate is awesome!! And her poetry and stories are awesome too xxx

• Hi Shey – Thanks for coming, but how come you didn’t bring the Dudes? (or are they too busy trying to decide what dastardliness they’re gonna’ do to you and DGK??)

In any case, thanks for seconding my opinion of Kate — I can’t say “3rding” or next the Dudes’ll be on MY behind for mentioning only one – and I’m never exactly sure how many they are (safe to say, a serious swarm).

Tell ’em hi for me.
      Woof!
      Tink

• Oh I got the dudes locked up yeah. And they ain’t complaining cos they want on Debby G’s blog. Might have to stand well back when they find out who is getting, you know get a stun gun, pepper spray and all. Kate is a great lady. I would second third fourth fifth etc your opinion of her x

• eepers – you have them locked up together in dastardly planning confinement heaven? Oh my! This will prove interesting.

Good thing DGK is going on vacation shortly — and not just because I’ll get a breather from wishing I had time to read ALL the books she reviews and recommends (including yours, btw – who doesn’t yearn for a bit of Smexy Historical Romance, after all?)

She’s going to need to hide out for a while after the Dudes find out which ONE of them gets to travel to that interview. (Protest marches, picketing? who knows what they are planning)

Meanwhile, the world waits with bated breath . . .

• You’re so kind to say that Madelyn and Shey, you have both helped me get out into the wild world of blogging and I am still very proud of my Honorary Hamster title btw and hope the dudes are having a great time with Tink. Just popped in to say hello before I run off to work, but will check back in later – have a rollicking time All xx

30. Lucy Brazier says:

TinkerToy is a blogging natural! What a delight to see him here on this dreary Monday morning (here in the UK, at least!) Tink – your mamma already does an amazing job of promoting my blog and books so I don’t want to make a big song and dance.

But all your friends – however many legs they have! – are very welcome to join me over at The Secret Diary of PorterGirl where they will find fiction, nonsense and occasional updates about my books and other things. Big hugs!

31. Great inspiring post Madelyn and loved the ones with the little dogs. They are so cute.

32. What a cute idea! We love parties – we are coming and bringing an appetizer:
    Kool Kosher Kitchen Spicy Green Beans
    Purrs and meows from Beba and Barmalei, best regards from their human, Dolly.
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Tink says: click the lighter grey link to go see this gorgeous duo – don’t forget to tell them that you are Tink approved (Barmalei is pretty protective of his sister)

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )