Friday Fun: Perspective is ALL

You say Po-TAY-to
and I say Po-TAH-to
Let’s laugh the whole thing off

from the Friday Funnies Series

Quick Intro before we get to the Funnies

How things look depends on your point of view: where you are standing when you look at them — physically and perceptually.

Point of view depends on a lot of factors: how old you are, where you’re from, what’s familiar, your ethnicity, whether you are a male or a female, even what you’re looking FOR when you look.

To help clients get unstuck, coaches use a technique called reframing to help them change context — to stand somewhere else to look at a challenge or a situation with a fresh perspective.

Marriage counselors work with the problem of perspective all the time.  Things look one way to him and another to her, and off to the divorce attorney we go.

Related ComicBlizzard Time: Romance in Wisconsin

And then there are the Funnies

Comics and comedians use reframing too, a sudden or quirky shift in perspective to make us laugh.  And that’s what the Fridays Funnies Series is going to play with.

Unlike the ongoing Sunday Smiles and Monday Funnies you’ll find on Chris The Story Reading Ape’s Blog,  these Friday Funnies will show up only occasionally, usually clustered around a theme.

If I get the feeling that things have gotten a tad serious here on ADDandSoMuchMORE.com – or in the world – get ready for another hit of humor, most likely another Friday Funny.

YOU PLAY TOO

If you have something on your website or blog that relates to the theme, especially if it’s humorous, please feel free to leave a link in a comment.  Keep it to one link per comment or you’ll be auto-spammed, but multiple comments are just fine and most welcome.

AND NOW for some more humor . . .

This Friday’s theme: Perspective

For those “Why me, Lord?” days

this & all below from Pinterest

Make it a Good Day

I Love You Just the Way you Are

Out of the box thinking

Speaking of food . . .

From a dog’s POV

Calling all idiots

We need each other

EVERYBODY PLAY!

NO explanation needed

Th-th-th-at’s all folks!
SEE YOU NEXT TIME

A Few LinkLists by Category (to articles here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com)

Related Articles ’round the net

110 Responses to Friday Fun: Perspective is ALL

1. Pingback: Friday Fun: Napland! | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

2. Thank you sooooo much for this…having just finished my latest post, my brain needed the chance to unwind and bask in other people’s humour…being clever and amusing can be really hard work sometimes 🙂 I just love your blog….I meant to get here much sooner, but the weekdays have been really intense/busy this time of year….and, by the time time I get home, I just have the energy for Netflix and an early night. I’m working on changing that, and then I will “see you” more often….also, thanks for the “like” 🙂 Thanks for sharing 🙂

• I know – with what’s going on politically, I need time away to be able to cope too, and appreciate every amusing posts I run across, even though I rarely get anywhere in blog-land as often as I’d like either. Thanks for being here NOW.

Although you are right – putting these kinds of posts together can be time consuming – it’s time spent comparing degrees of humor vs. horror. I don’t think I would have taken an easy breath since November otherwise.

• I get it….writing is my salvation….as is reading….and I’ve forced myself to spend all the hours it took to write my post because I know that I, and others, need all the relief they can get…as much as it’s a joy, it is also a commitment to contributing to the good…I will definitely ‘visit’ you again tomorrow….such a privilege….thanks for connecting….you’ve brightened my evening 🙂

• Ditto. Sleep tight.

• Sweet dreams 🙂

• May all our dreams be sweet – and may the USA return to the time where dreams come true for all on our shores.

• Although I live in Canada, countless numbers of us feel your pain….God bless America…

• Thank you. We have never needed it more.

3. Pingback: Friday Fun: Diet Dilemmas | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

4. Lady G says:

These were hilarious! I really liked the one about the inner child playing with matches 🙂
    LOL!!!

• Thanks for the comment. Everyone who has ever had a hot flash loves that one – but you look way too young to be entering menopause.

• Lady G says:

You’re too kind. I am nearly 50 🙂

• I am kind, but I’m also observant. Are you SURE you’re almost 50? You look like a kid. 🙂

• Lady G says:

Okay, you are making me feel so good right now. LOL!!! I just turned 48 🌹

• I looked pretty darned good at your age too – but never as young as YOU! These days I shake my head as I look into the mirror, reminding myself as I do, “The goal is to look better, not younger.” 🙂

• Lady G says:

You look FABULOUS! And that’s no lie🌹🍷

• LOL – that’s not so much a picture as a brand. Old photos never age – unless you are Dorian Grey, of course. 🙂

• Lady G says:

True, but I’m not speaking about your avatar. I’ve looked at other pictures of you on your site and they are gorgeous!

• Spackle! 🙂 Seriously, the last few years have aged me decades – VERY tough times.

I’m still here (so far) 🙂 so I’m not going to bitch and moan TOO much, but I must admit hearing your compliment is bitter-sweet. Thanks anyway — still nice to hear.

• Lady G says:

🌹:)

5. Zainab Zahid says:

Love your posts so much. Have nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award. Check out my post for more.
    Xx

• How wonderful to read that you have been nominated. Congratulations! I left a message on your post explaining why I cannot accept your nomination of me.

I sincerely hope that does not mean that your own nomination will not be approved, even as it is simply not possible for me to find the time to comply with the conditions of acceptance.

How dear of you to think of me. Thank you.

• Zainab Zahid says:

That’s perfectly fine! I understand. No sweat. Will still always love your posts. Xx

• How lovely and gracious! Thank you.

6. Thanks for sharing!

• You’re welcome. Nice to laugh once in a while. Things get serious here often enough. Thanks for visiting.

7. Pingback: Friday Fun: Memory | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

8. The Owl Lady says:

Reblogged this on The Owl Lady.

• Tink’s party has kept me busy over there, so I missed this reblog. Thank you SO much – and so sorry that the notification has been languishing unappreciated. I wish reblog notifications could somehow be separated from comments notifications – it would make it so much easier to quickly approve.

What I really wish is that all the link-spammers would find something else to do in their attempts to line their pockets, so I wouldn’t feel like I *had* to approve before things could post – but then I’m still wishing for World Peace too.

9. prior.. says:

thanks for the many smiles today – omg – so good….

• Thank YOU for stopping by and “leaving a trail” as my puppy TinkerToy is fond of saying.

• prior.. says:

well not sure how our blogs connected – but glad they did….
        🙂

Lol, a fun post Madelyn. Loved all the memes – LOL bear tacos! 🙂 xo

• The goofy look on the bear’s face did it for me.

• dgkaye says:

Lol, plotting his next meal. 🙂 ❤

• after licking his chops! 🙂

• dgkaye says:

🙂 🙂 ❤

11. Tina Frisco says:

Thanks for the laughs, Madelyn! A perfect way to end a crappy day 🙂

• lol – as I bop around the ‘net, I keep coming back to read it again myself. I can get pretty involved in all the political commentary, and I need the levity!

Thanks for stopping by – and letting me know that you did.

• Tina Frisco says:

You’re welcome. As to political commentary … I’m so sick of politics that I gag at the mere mention of the word!

• I know – it’s like stopping to look at a pile-up on the interstate – I’m horrified, fascinated, and it makes my stomach cramp.

12. Wendy says:

Love your perspective on a few things. Like Dr. Who! But he doesn’t wear a bow tie any more. Ha.
    You succeeded in bringing the levity.

• I didn’t know how many Dr. Who fans there were in America — if you’ve never watched, you’ll be scratching your head. I’m not up to date on the latest doctor, but I’ve seen all the others. You?

• Wendy says:

I’ve only seen a few of the newest doctor. I didn’t have the means to see them the last couple of years, now I’m streaming BBC America, so I can catch up, at some point. I want to watch some of the really old ones again, but it’s hard to find them captioned.
        The world should be captioned!!
        Running captions on people’s foreheads. Special glasses I could wear that would translate.
        Talk about different perspective.
        Me mishearing something, or the captions being off, that can really change the perspective. xo – w

• Sometimes for the better – lol. Do you have Hulu? Almost all of their offerings have an option to turn captions on or off. That’s how I watched from the beginning, but I let my subscription go, so no more binge watching for me! (as I advise others, I needed to make sure I “stay off the slide” lol)

13. Doug puryear says:

These are great. I will probably be tempted to poach some of them. Thanks

• lol – you’re more than welcome to reblog the entire thing — or throw me I reference with a link and poach away!

Thanks for stopping by.

• Question, Doug – I can’t seem to locate how to comment on your blog (except for under the carousel, which I just tripped across). Do you not have them enabled or are my ADD eyes missing the obvious?

14. Reblogged this on Kate McClelland and commented:
    Hahahaha loved the Dr Who ones :0)

• Thanks Kate – I thought those would appeal to the Brits, but wasn’t sure how they’d play in the USA.

• The Dr Who one and the ‘pay my bills’ were my favourites :0)

• I liked the Bear and the Bills one best – lol 🙂 – and I liked “most” of the Dr. Who. Victory of the Daleks made me laugh. 🙂

• The Daleks drove me crackers :0) the voices just grate on my ears!! The ones that scared me the most when I was a child were the Cybermen (shudders)

• Exterminate . . . ad nauseum, you mean? 🙂

The Weeping Angels ::shudder:: tho’ I thought they overdid it a bit with those episodes, however. After a while I fast-forwarded thru them (just enough stopping to keep up with the plot).

But the Cybermen were *always* scary – too close to Nazi Germany (and Marshall Law potential) – serious nightmare territory.

• Yes, the weeping angels were scary, but I thought that if you just threw a bag over their heads, they wouldn’t be able to see you, so they would be stopped quite easily :0) The Cybermen were relentless and more ‘human’ than the Daleks so I think that’s why they scared me more.

• And those Alvin and the Hamsters with a bad cold voices kinda’ took the edge off the scare.

Wonder why nobody ever thought of the bag?

• Hahahaha! I have no idea why no-one thought of a bag Lol!

• Maybe they were afraid to get that close?

I ran across a funny meme I can’t find now that went something like this:

You think you YOUR job is tough? What if you were Dr. Who’s prop manager and had to put away all those Weeping Angels — and then turn out the light? 🙂

• Hahahaha! I think that would’ve given me the heebygeebies! Must have been a brave person indeed!

• Or maybe they only hire the blind?

• I’m off to bed now Madelyn, be time for me to go to work in a few hours! Love to you and Tink xx

• Sleep tight. It’s been dark here for a few winter hours, but I’ve miles to go before I sleep. Sweet dreams.

Tink says, “Don’t forget my party — I hope it will be in full swing when you wake up!”

• Thanks Madelyn, tell Tink I’ll do my best xx

• He said you could come really late, if that helps – even a few days late, actually. (Like he said, we go by ADD rules over here.) Sleep tight.

15. Bernadette says:

The one about paying bills is so familiar. I also wish someone would miracously pay my bills.

• That was my favorite too, Bernadette. That would be a great lottery win – no more bills for life, we’ll pay ’em (if they can manage all the security questions, that is) 🙂

16. Eugenia says:

Great post. I’m still laughing.

• Thanks – I figured much of America could use an authentic laugh today. I knew *I* would need one, in any case. Still haven’t been ready to check the footage on swearing in and marching against.

• Eugenia says:

I watched the swearing in, which I felt went well, no matter what your political views are. I didn’t watch much of the march. I feel we, meaning women, don’t have to be nasty to make a point.

• I didn’t watch the march, so I can say anything about “nasty” — what I read mentioned the pockets that were disruptive. Is that what you mean?

• Eugenia says:

Madonna used the f word twice and said something about blowing up the White House and there were a couple of others that displayed ugliness. I didn’t expect the march to be sweet and sappy but at least some could use common sense. I guess, as a whole, it was a success.

• OMG! If women (and men) are going to make the points that NEED to be made, we must ALL MAKE SURE we don’t return Trumpet’s deplorable behaviors and actions with similar. Every single exception will undermine the entire movement, and cause others to suspect our reasons for speaking out, marching, boycotting, etc. NONE of us can allow ourselves to lose our heads to temper and allow ourselves to be dragged down to his swampy level.

And we will be baited.

• Eugenia says:

💐

17. Priceless! Perfect end to the week for me and a great start to my weekend. Cheers,H

• Have a WONDERFUL weekend. I’ve pledged to be part of the women’s boycott (no work, no spend – hear us roar), so I’ll be staying in until Monday — easier to avoid the “no spend” part.

• Make sure you do Off-Grid also. No pesky emails or social media…..Breaking that rule right now! Damn it!

• I don’t want to include communicating with fellow bloggers in the “work” category – or in the “what’s expected category” – it would suck all the joy out of it for me — and activate my oppositional side to think that way. So, for me, no need to boycott.

Happy to ignore the emails and “socials” however – but I pretty much do that anyway. 🙂

18. robjodiefilogomo says:

My husband and I laugh about perspective ever since we started dating. Because I asked him which side of the bed he sleeps on—and that’s the kicker. The side depends on your perspective—are you in bed, or facing the bed?
    Have a great weekend, Madelyn!
    jodie

• lol! I guess you can BOTH get the “same” side if you sleep head to toe.

btw: since your name always links to your blog, why not leave a link to a particular post you’d like to share instead?

OOPS! I just checked and I guess that autolinkage is only for wordpress dot com blogs. ::sigh::

19. Zainab Zahid says:

Lolx. This made me laugh so hard! Thanks Madelyn. I was going through some hard time these days. This made my day!

• I knew I’d need a laugh today (Inauguration), but I’m glad you found it a bit of a break from your troubles too. I hope things get better for you VERY soon.

• Zainab Zahid says:

Thanks Madelyn. Everyone in the world is praying for American people (at least those who care)
        I will miss Barack Obama too because he was the greatest president (in my point of view) that America had ever had.

• I think history will be VERY kind to Obama – unlike a certain tweeting president and his minions. ::shudder::

Keep those prayers coming – I’m fairly sure they’re the only thing that will help now.

20. GP Cox says:

Smiles and chuckle – what a great way to start the day!!

• Nice break from politics indeed, yes?

21. Reblogged this on Chris The Story Reading Ape's Blog and commented:
    It’s time to put your “IT’S FRIDAY” mood on Folks – Here’s Madelyn’s contribution to start the ball rolling 😀

• Thanks for the reblog, Chris. Our world needs a bit of sunshine today – and *every* day.

• Welcome Madelyn – I suspect you might be right about today 😱

• Pretty sure I am. Good that you do these each week – we’re probably going to need them A LOT as the beat goes on.

22. Zara says:

Hahaha great post! The Jackie Chan image made me laugh out loud.
    We should get a little perspective! x

• I laughed aloud on that one too. How many times have I thought the same thing!!

23. Playing together with the T-rex.. Can’t stop the laugh over it 😄😄

• I thought that one was pretty funny too. Thanks for your comment. Your blog is great, btw.

24. Very cute! And very good, too.

• Every once in a while I need to post something light, doncha’ think?

Thanks for checking it out – and for letting me know you were here.

• Oh, I am always here, which is not always the case with my brain, but that’s perfectly normal for a South Beach person.

• and that’s the South Beach perspective! (but I think it’s perfectly normal for me wherever I live).

• You’re always welcome here, and you’ll fit right in!

• Great – get my apron ready! I’ll try to remember to bring the gluten-free flour. 🙂

• Just bring a smile – I am well equipped with everything else.

• Don’t know if I can promise to bring one, but I’ll bet coming through your door would have me grinning in a heartbeat. (and that’s one bet I know I’d win!)

• You got it – you win!

• 🙂

25. tmezpoetry says:

hahaha I love comics and humor…I LOVE it!!!! Thank you Madelyn

• I just finished a l-o-n-g and rather serious article that will post next week, so I needed a bit of levity to my day!

Thanks for the visit and the comment.

• tmezpoetry says:

Humor is good for the soul! Today I told my son’s puppy that I am going to let him watch the funny Subaru commercial I had posted…because it was D rated (D for dog)

blahahaha

ANYBODY ELSE wanna’ see it? BAD Hair Day – rated “D” (for dog)

• Good reminder. I “liked” that post but didn’t have time to watch much of anything. I’m going back to watch it!

• Leave the LINK to the Subaru advert, Tammy – I can’t find it. Tink wants to see it too.

FOUND IT! BAD Hair Day – rated “D” (for dog)