We ALL wish you a Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 22, 2016 33 Comments
Christmas Spirit Fun
Time on your hands headin’ toward Christmas? Feeling blue?
Check out these links for a hit of feel better fast
(or just plain fun)
© Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
from the Christmas Happy Christmas Series
Merry Happy EVERY thing!
Since Christmas is my thing, the name of that particular holiday will be featured most prominently in any of my winter holiday articles.
But I hope you’re ALL enjoying yourselves and your traditions, no matter which end-of-year holidays YOU observe:
Hanukkah – Kwanza – Solstice – Ramadan – Shawwal – Black Friday – Cyber Monday – St. Nicholas Day – Boxing Day – Christmas Card Day – New Years – Twelfth Night – Festivus – or even You’re Welcome Day.
Then there’s Fruitcake Toss Day or National Bicarbonate of Soda Day (which, according to the Holiday Insights website, actually exist) — along with my personal favorite on November 9th, Chaos Never Dies Day – even though most of YOU probably missed it this year!
Like Christmas Windows: Here to Visit Now or Later
What’s YOUR situation this December?
Many of you are hyper-busy Christmas do-bees as Santa’s big day draws near, but many of you are NOT.
Some of you have let me know that you are alone this season – for various reasons – and more than just a bit down about that fact.
I have heard from more than a few of you who have been praying for the time when the kids were grown up and on their own so things weren’t so harried — but now that time has come, it’s not exactly what you thought it would be. Something seems missing from your Christmas jingle all the way.
Others can’t get home — or are home-bound — for the holidays, and you don’t know how to capture any sort of Christmasy feeling on your own.
- Pour yourself a cup of something warm – or a glass of something festive – and click the links below for a virtual visit to some bloggers who will give you a hit of those warm fuzzies (or cheer you up with a bit of Christmas humor).
- Allow me to take you on a virtual field trip for some Christmas cheer up.
- Those of you who desperately need a bit of a break, dropping in on some fun you don’t have to do a darned thing to make happen is just what Mrs. Claus advises when Santa gets overwhelmed (like clicking below to visit a few of the links, for example).
- Some of the links will take you to heart-warming article; others will take you to virtual kitchens or visits to the homes of others.
- Sit back, relax, click, and allow yourselves ENJOY.
Remember that you can always check out the sidebar
for a reminder of how links work on this site, they’re subtle ==>
- The Gingerbread House (amazing!)
- Blogmas Day 22… Gingerbread and Stuff
- Sayling Away: Welcome to my home for Christmas coffee and cookies
- Sir Chocolate: Guest authors: Robbie and Michael Cheadle
- Adorable letters to Santa (and some humorous replies)
- Our troops: May it be the last Christmas you are not home
- The Fear of Giving?
- A Merry ADHD Christmas
- From Who Shot Tony Blair: The Prime Minister’s Christmas Message
- The Christmas Tag (Christmas questions for you to answer)
- Blyton at Christmas 1951-1962 (Christmas Stories)
- The Jingle Bell Tag (books!)
- Merry Christmas from Kolkata!
- Christmas Magic – from bitaboutbritain
- Sue Vincent’s Photo prompt round up – Christmas Present – LOTS of links to Christmas posts
- Christmas Tree and Crèche at The Metropolitan Museum of Art [YouTube]
- ABOUT the Angel Tree & AMAZING nativity
(a video tour narrated by Linn Howard, the daughter of the woman who donated it to NYC’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, Loretta Hines Howard.)
- Lighting The Angel Tree @ the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Italian Nativities Changed The Way I Think of Christmas
- A Very Special Neapolitan Presepio [YouTube]
And two of my own favs from my own blog here
- The Wisdom of those Three Kings
- Another Visit from St. What’s-his-name
(the ADD/EFD “Nite Before,” in case you missed it earlier)
If YOU have written a Christmas post you’d like to share here, leave us all a link in a comment below (with just a bit of a description about what we’ll find there).
© 2016, all rights reserved
Check bottom of Home/New to find out the “sharing rules”
(reblogs always okay, and much appreciated)
As always, if you want notification of any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy
IN ANY CASE, do stay tuned.
There’s a lot to know, a lot here already, and a lot more to come – in this Series and in others.
Get it here while it’s still free for the taking.
Want to work directly with me? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading this blog (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to me; we’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. I’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)
And don’t forget that Group Coaching is filling NOW. Click HERE for The Group Coaching Series of articles