We ALL wish you a Merry Christmas!

Christmas Spirit Fun
Time on your hands headin’ toward Christmas? Feeling blue?
Check out these links for a hit of feel better fast
(or just plain fun)

from the Christmas Happy Christmas Series

Merry Happy EVERY thing!

Since Christmas is my thing, the name of that particular holiday will be featured most prominently in any of my winter holiday articles.

But I hope you’re ALL enjoying yourselves and your traditions, no matter which end-of-year holidays YOU observe:

Hanukkah – Kwanza – Solstice – Ramadan – Shawwal – Black Friday – Cyber Monday – St. Nicholas Day – Boxing Day – Christmas Card Day – New Years – Twelfth Night – Festivus – or even You’re Welcome Day.

Then there’s Fruitcake Toss Day or National Bicarbonate of Soda Day (which, according to the Holiday Insights website, actually exist)along with my personal favorite on November 9th, Chaos Never Dies Day – even though most of YOU probably missed it this year!

Like Christmas Windows: Here to Visit Now or Later

What’s YOUR situation this December?

Many of you are hyper-busy Christmas do-bees as Santa’s big day draws near, but many of you are NOT.

Some of you have let me know that you are alone this season – for various reasons – and more than just a bit down about that fact.

I have heard from more than a few of you who have been praying for the time when the kids were grown up and on their own so things weren’t so harried — but now that time has come, it’s not exactly what you thought it would be.  Something seems missing from your Christmas jingle all the way.

Others can’t get home — or are home-bound — for the holidays, and you don’t know how to capture any sort of Christmasy feeling on your own.

• Pour yourself a cup of something warm – or a glass of something festive – and click the links below for a virtual visit to some bloggers who will give you a hit of those warm fuzzies (or cheer you up with a bit of Christmas humor).
  • Allow me to take you on a virtual field trip for some Christmas cheer up.
  • Those of you who desperately need a bit of a break, dropping in on some fun you don’t have to do a darned thing to make happen is just what Mrs. Claus advises when Santa gets overwhelmed (like clicking below to visit a few of the links, for example).
  • Some of the links will take you to heart-warming article; others will take you to virtual kitchens or visits to the homes of others.
  • Sit back, relax, click, and allow yourselves ENJOY.

Remember that you can always check out the sidebar

Newish Christmas Posts ’round the ‘net

Awe-inspiring Presepios

And two of my own favs from my own blog here

The Christmas-Happy-Christmas LinkList to ALL my Christmas Posts ever

If YOU have written a Christmas post you’d like to share here, leave us all a link in a comment below (with just a bit of a description about what we’ll find there).

© 2016, all rights reserved

As always, if you want notification of any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy

Want to work directly with me? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading this blog (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to me; we’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. I’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)

And don’t forget that Group Coaching is filling NOW.  Click HERE for The Group Coaching Series of articles

33 Responses to We ALL wish you a Merry Christmas!

1. Great post

• Thank you – I live to share.

• Thank you from ALL of us, dear Kate.

It’s almost 2:45 AM here, and I’m heading to bed after just getting home from a long, happy Christmas Day. I hope it was warm and wonderful for you too.

3. And a very Merry Christmas to you too – as well as a wonderful New year. Thanks for dropping by – and for the link.

• You are most welcome – I hope some of my readers will go take a look today, tomorrow, or while we all await New Years Eve.

Since you are a history buff, you will probably enjoy learning about the Metropolitan Museum’s Angel Tree and and Baroque Precipio — especially the video tour narrated by the daughter of the amazing woman who purchased the angels & all of the incredibly detailed antique figures, dreamed up the presentation, and donated it to the Met. (ALL of the links in that section are quite interesting, actually.)

I hope to be at a Candlelight Service while Santa is loading his sleigh tonight. I hope you have a lovely Christmas Eve and morning as well

4. Wishing you a very merry Christmas from toasty and warm Australia!

• Even in Florida and New Orleans, I don’t believe I’ve ever experienced “toasty & warm” Christmases – except inside, of course. So, in that spirit, I am eager to welcome your greeting. The heat in this building seems finally fixed, but my apartment is still chilly — I’m hoping your “warm and toasty” will rub off. lol 🙂

• I’m back home now in Melb’s. still hot! I’ll send some your way…….

• Believe it or not, now that the boiler has been “repaired,” it’s actually unseasonably warm here too – but not like where you are!!! Welcome home.

5. Sweta Ojha says:

Wish you and your loved ones the same. Stay blessed. 🙂

• Thank you very much. May Santa bring you what you want most – and may the day be warm and wonderful.

6. Chuck says:

From our house to yours, may you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a healthy New Year. God Bless

• Thank you, Chuck. I want EVERYONE to feel the love this Christmas.

7. joliesattic says:

What a thoughtful post. I have a Christmas that doesn’t feel like one, missing the chatter of little ones and settling with a bunch of old fogies that although charming, don’t even believe and who just go through the motions. It makes me acutely aware of missing my loved ones more. Thank you so much for this heartfelt post.

• If I had a magic wand, EVERYONE would believe in Santa and join in the spirit of Christmas. As long as we are willing to embrace the changes the years bring with them, even “fogies” can find a way to embrace the warmth enthusiastically. I’ll be revisiting myself between now and New Years.

Merry Christmas to you and all you love – whether they are near or far.

How nice of you to share all the holiday greetings! Soak up the spirit!

• lol – I had to stop so I could hit publish – so I’m sure I left out as much as I included. It really warms the heart to visit the blogs of those whose links I did manage to include – yours included.

Will your son be home for 12th Nite (Jan 6th – Epiphany) – that’s when I moved the celebration years ago. I’m sure whatever day he walks through your door will forever be Christmas for you.

9. Pingback: Italian Nativities Changed The Way I Think of Christmas | Samaritan's Song

• This is GREAT! I hope your readers enjoy seeing the videos. The tour by the daughter gives some great background to this particular one.

READERS: Click the pingback above to go read a heartwarming reframe of Christmas – looking through the eyes of the Italians who decided to include villagers surrounding their manger scenes.

10. Sue Vincent says:

Thank you..and Tink… for the mentions and for all the Christmassy stuff to read 🙂 xx

• You are most welcome, Sue. I was doing my best to keep things festive for the most part, so I did not include your latest (re: school), which brought tears to my eyes. SO heart-wrenching a reminder that not ALL of us are fortunate enough to be able to look forward to even an ordinary – nothing out of the ordinary – DAY for Christmas.

We take so much for granted — those of us in first world countries especially — forgetting that many around the globe are praying for the very things we complain about (like the fact that my large apt. is cold so I have to double layer inside on the coldest days of winter, or that my kitchen faucet is dripping and my coffee pot stopped working so I have to – horrors! – boil water that I do not have to worry about drinking on a stove that turns on at the flick of a switch).

May we always retain an attitude of gratitude, regardless of our challenges.

• Sue Vincent says:

The article, reblogged from Steve, reminded me of some past Christmases. There are too many who go without that we never even hear of. And very many children who do not go without only because of the what their parents do without in order to create a little magic.
        It is too easy to forget what we do have xx

• In my experience, *most* parents do without more than a few things they’d like to have to be able to give more to their children – but there are those that include FOOD in that going-without situation.

More than a few of my Christmases past have not been what many would consider “usual” for December – but I have always had a roof over my head and I have never gone to bed hungry for lack of the availability of *something* to eat.

Although we tend to be an acquisitive race, if we have what most of us who blog consider “the basics” – and a modicum of good health – we have SO much more than much of the world.

btw- I edited your comment to add a link to your page with Steve’s post, for anyone who’s curious and would like to read it themselves.

• Sue Vincent says:

There were several years when I did go to bed hungry and my children lacked many thinsg considered ‘normal’. Not love, games or attention and they always had enough to eat, but it is a heartbreaking position for any parents. x

• I am sorry to hear that – but glad that it seems those years are behind you now. It is quite amazing to me that your writing is so uplifting – upbeat, even – given ALL that you have been through in your life.

You have/are an amazing spirit and I’m grateful to have connected with you online.

• Sue Vincent says:

It has been an interesting life 🙂 I think that is the reason for many things.The only other choice is to go under. xx

• I get that one! There have been days when ONLY my spiritual beliefs have kept me from seriously contemplating going under. (I’m a karma woos!)

Now that I have Tink, of course, I must always do whatever I can to keep a roof over both of our heads and treats on his table. 🙂

• Sue Vincent says:

Same here. x

• Thank God for our furry keepers, huh?

• Sue Vincent says:

Absolutely 🙂 xx

11. Merry Christmas my darling and all the best for next year x

• Ditto! Tink wants the best for all the dudes too.