Happy Turkey Day!
Thursday, November 24, 2016 18 Comments
Be Thankful Today
and every today, as we have this day to remind us
(and let’s have a bit of levity with our gratitude!)
© Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
Holidays can be hard at times
For any of you who need a little cheering up today, I’ve ended with a few cartoons that gave me a giggle.
8 Things I am trying to be especially thankful for today:
- Even though I love to play holiday hostess, I’m thankful that I didn’t have to try to squeeze in several days of cooking and cleaning this year.
- I’m thankful that I have a roof over my head, clothing choices that make me feel pretty as they keep me WARM, and that I won’t go hungry as the rest of the country feasts.
- I’m thankful that TinkerToy is the best company a Mom could wish for on Thanksgiving, even if we never see another soul.
- I’m thankful that I have so many wonderful and supportive virtual friends with whom to spend my time today.
- I’m thankful that, even though I haven’t owned a television in decades and miss Manhattan like a lover, videos of Macy’s 2016 Thanksgiving Parade are sure to be posted online somewhere.
- I’m thankful that TinkerToy’s post about N24 and chronorhythm disorders was finished early enough to be posted yesterday, so that I could commandeer our computer to wish all of my readers a very Happy Thanksgiving.
- I’m particularly thankful that other than ADD, N-24, and presbyopia, I have usually been (and remain) amazingly healthy.
- And I’m especially thankful that enough of that dreaded administrative work is behind me so that I can finally announce Open Enrollment for the upcoming Group Coaching opportunity!!
AND NOW . . . on to those cartoons!
Remember that you can always check out the sidebar
for a reminder of how links work on this site, they’re subtle ==>
HOVER before clicking – often a box will appear to tell you what to expect
A little bit of turkey day humor . . .
I know I made you smile
The next few below are from Carl Dagostino’s very clever blog. If you are not already following him, be sure to click one of the “Found HERE” links below each cartoon and correct that oversight post haste. He really DOES make me smile, as promised.
Anyone who’s friendly toward Monsanto might want to skip the next one entirely.
And for anybody who’s starting to wonder if Carl’s is the ONLY funny blog I’ve found, here’s one from White Out Comics that will especially appeal to anyone who struggles with stress or panic attacks:
TIME to go for now
Be sure to check back tomorrow when I will return to my regularly scheduled content.
I’m drafting another article near and dear to the hearts of many of you who follow ADDandSoMuchMore.com — TIME!
Meanwhile, if YOU have some funnies – or a Thanksgiving post – that you want to share, leave us a link in the comments section below.
ONE more thing . . .
One of my readers reminded me that I’ve left out the vegetarians and the vegans – so this one’s for YOU.
© 2016, all rights reserved
Check bottom of Home/New to find out the “sharing rules”
(reblogs always okay, and much appreciated)
As always, if you want notification of new articles in this Series – or any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy
IN ANY CASE, do stay tuned.
There’s a lot to know, a lot here already, and a lot more to come – in this Series and in others.
Get it here while it’s still free for the taking.
Want to work directly with me? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading this Series (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to me; we’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. I’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)
You might also be interested in some of the following articles
available right now – on this site and elsewhere.
For links in context: run your cursor over the article above and the dark grey links will turn dark red;
(subtle, so they don’t pull focus while you read, but you can find them to click when you’re ready for them)
— and check out the links to other Related Content in each of the articles themselves —
Related articles right here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com
(in case you missed them above or below)
- Brain-based Coaching with Madelyn Griffith-Haynie
- The Group Coaching Series of articles
- Happy Thanksgiving – make way for Christmas!
- The ADD Thanksgiving Rules
- The single person’s holiday playbook
- A gratitude list you might actually DO: 3 Tiny Things
- Motivation and Gratitude
- Self-Care Strategy Tips to get you through the holidays
A Few LinkLists by Category
(to articles here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com)
- The Optimal Functioning (Challenges) Series of articles
(about the Inventory & articles from each category)
- The Articles of the What Kind of World do YOU Want? Series
- Variations on ADD-ADHD
Related Articles ’round the net
- How the concept of giant parade balloons got off the ground
- The First-ish Thanksgiving
- Happy HallowThanksMas
- A brief, touching poem to lend perspective – from PuppyDoc’s blog
BY THE WAY: Since ADDandSoMuchMore.com is an Evergreen site, I revisit all my content periodically to update links — when you link back, like, follow or comment, you STAY on the page. When you do not, you run a high risk of getting replaced by a site with a more generous come-from.