Election Day today – Please Go Vote!

For all my American Readers

The reblog button is missing again today, or I would have reblogged this post from the Broken Brain, Brilliant Mind of a TBI advocate blogger.  Instead, I will copy his graphic and encourage you to jump over to read what he has to say.

Click around while you are there – TONS of amazingly helpful information on that site.

“It takes a village to transform a world!” ~ mgh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE the day after the debacle: Check out the comments. I am not the only one depressed and anxious about the horror recently foisted upon those of us with cooler heads by only slightly over 50% of the rest of America.

42 Responses to Election Day today – Please Go Vote!

1. reocochran says:

Madelyn, I was appalled as the night went on. I could not believe how many people were believing Trump’s words and promises. Besides totally ignoring his outrageous behaviors, bigoted attitude towards minorities and sexual inappropriate behavior towards women. He is an example of a misogynist, for Pete’s sake!
    Blessings to your blog for allowing freedom to express our communal distaste. I told a few voters who supported Trump, “I will never use the word ‘President’ in front of his last name.”
    Boo, hiss! Such disappointment in America’s lack of intelligence. *tears*

• I’m with you Robin – I will never honor him with the title either. I have shed more than a few tears over the result — especially upon learning that he lost the popular vote and won ONLY through the actions of the antiquated Electoral College (that I had been COUNTING on for some intelligent perspective.)

The primarily reason I have been absent since the election is because I am quite depressed and more than a little worried. I needed to get away to focus on ANYTHING else, hoping for some perspective that, unfortunately, has not been forthcoming. I can see no silver linings to this cloud. God help us ALL!

• reocochran says:

Dear Madelyn, I will hope for your strength of character and warm kindness to overcome the darkness in your soul from this recent political disaster. Let’s try to think that maybe he will rely on good counsel, surround himself with more experienced advisors.
        Only hope and love will get us through. ❤ ~ Robin

• I appreciate this positive comment, but it’s going to be a four-year struggle for me, Robin — I have never been so worried and afraid in my entire life! This was NOT a normal election!

The man has NEVER been known for listening to anyone who has an opinion contrary to his own – difficult for anyone who believes he already has all the answers, but especially frightening when the person with that belief is such a proven hate-monger presiding at the head of a country with so many fed up and angry people all too willing to follow his pointing fingers.

I can only hope that the Republicans elected along with him will be able to keep him in line. At this point, we still have laws in this country, and a government designed with checks and balances. I hope they will STILL be in place at the end of Trump’s term in office.

SERIOUSLY, I pray that America’s politicians won’t cave in to his adolescent over-the-top behaviors, and will be able overcome an easily understandable fear of all-too-ready retribution at the hands of a wealthy narcissist like Trump, willing to do anything to win at all costs.

God help us ALL!

2. akiwifreund says:

My friend encountered the first issue with voter suppression out of all of my couple hundred friends (that I personally know IRL) – she’s very close to you, Madelyn. She had her voter registration card in hand that specified her polling location, her senate/house/congressional district/school district and her correct mailing address, AND she called ahead of time to verify all of her info before she showed up. When she got there she was told that she could only vote provisionally or not vote at all. She’s black. I tracked down phone numbers for her to report her experience to the DOJ and to the Secretary of State.

3. I live in the United States, and to say I am terrified about this election would be an understatement. I honestly don’t know how anyone can vote for Donald Trump, he worships Vladimir Putin for christ’s sakes. I’m glad my passport is up to date, and I have an occupation that I can do anywhere.

• TAKE ME WITH YOU!

I have never been so terrified in my life – and there have been many things that were terrifying about it to date.

I am praying I awaken to a miracle – I cannot continue to watch the debacle as the returns are reported. Downing a stiff drink and putting myself (and my puppy) to bed!

• We didn’t get that miracle, we got a women, black, immigrant hating imbecile. I told my son his boy won, and I’m worried about his future as well as ours. His response “well, I won’t be drafted to go to Russia.” He’s all if 17. I told him he has no idea how many countries around the world hate us. I am physically sick to my stomach right now. I’m calling my broker later to see how much my IRA lost. A sad day for the United States for sure.

• I am sick to my stomach about it – and bitterly disappointed in my country and its citizens – adolescent thinkers all, so it seems.

If I could afford to move to another country I would be making plans and packing instead of typing.

A banner across the bottom of the TV screen in the bar that hosted the election “party” showed the index dropping as the results continued to come in.

HOW will we recover from this? Will we EVER be able to so? I fear it is the beginning of the end of America as we have ever known it.

God help us all.

4. joliesattic says:

If i muuuust! Off I go. Got to drop off my hubby’s mail in while I’m at it. Sigh!!!!

• God Bless & my thanks – approving late because I have been at an election returns “party” since I hit the polls myself.

It’s 3AM and I have wended my way home in tears, praying for a miracle: to wake up tomorrow to find I’ve dreamed it all.

God help us ALL!

• joliesattic says:

I think the main thing is for us to stand united and work together. Why can’t we make it work? I was not fond of either candidate, so at bottom, we can only go up.

• I don’t know — ask “our” politicians.

They haven’t done that “standing united and working together” thing so well during Obama’s time – and he was certainly exhibited a lot more reasonable behavior than Trump, with his bully ways. I’d sooner have Nixon back – seriously – and I couldn’t stand what he did during his presidency.

Truly, I am afraid for all of us who don’t agree with him. I am in shock.

I hope enough Americns will respond as you have, that America will calm down and stop responding to hate-mongering (and that we won’t go billions more dollars in dept building that outrageous wall!)

God help us all.

• joliesattic says:

You are correct, “our” politicians are always working against one another for party sake rather than for the peoples sake and that’s why Trump won. People are sick of it. They want someone with outside the box thinking, or so they believe. Fortunately, we have a government that changes every four years. He could surprise us.

• I pray that you are right, Jolie — and that he will surprise us POSITIVELY.

I know a lot of people have been encouraged by Trump’s 100 Day Plan — but in reading between the lines with history in mind, I am extremely worried about how subtle the closing of our borders has been presented. It’s never a good thing when a government begins taking steps like who can come in and where we are allowed to go. WAY too much is left to interpretation in this “careful vetting” — that doesn’t sound like it bodes well to me.

I have friends in “minority” communities who no longer feel safe in America — and I must admit that I do not either.

5. Lucy Brazier says:

Good luck, America! We are watching with interest from this side of the pond!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )