Headlines I Want to See in the Upcoming Year
Friday, September 5, 2014 2 Comments
What Kind of World do YOU Want?
© Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
The Upside of the Downside
Gotta’ love the media – ONE report of a groundbreaking study and they go wild with their own interpretations — targeted to each of their particular viewers, readers, and branding.
Association blogs and websites join in from a myriad of vantage points, with the individual bloggers in hot pursuit of the same story right behind them.
Social Networks go crazy. We see related posts on Facebook, discussions on LinkedIn, tweets, YouTube videos, TED talks – the entire internet seems abuzz with the news.
Advertisers on the cutting edge target their commercials to catch the wave of increased publicity. Product development teams are employed to increase sales by tweaking existing products and developing new ones.
MEANWHILE, new funding is approved for new studies to build on the original, further feeding the frenzy as new results are leaked and published.
ULTIMATELY, politicians get into the act as the result of public outcry; caucuses convene to draft new laws based on findings from the original research (that few probably ever read and fewer still understand).
What if it went something like THIS . . .
- Scientists discover neural-mechanism behind turf building and cognitive competition – possible link to empathy deficiency
- Collaboration blows competition out of water — recent research
- Blind Men meet to combine Elephant reportage – New Picture Emerging
- Scientists report positive results from Cognitive Restructuring Training [CRT] – cooperation increasing.
- Parents overjoyed with results of CRT and sibling rivalry study – Mom-blogs exploding with reports
- New imaging study: the Brain on Cooperation – what does it mean to YOU?
- Cross-field collaboration initiatives formed as a result of new study on turf-building and CRT
- Zero-sum thinking so last year, new study proves
- Interdisciplinary approach validated by turf-building study
- Anecdotal Evidence finally given seat at table following recent studies – millions party in the streets
- Increase variety this Halloween with ONE big bag of candy – something for everyone
- Top 1% competing to cooperate – philanthropy on the rise following recent study
- Tower of Babel reinterpreted as a result of recent scientific report
- Win-Win Cooperative announces the Combo SnackPac – more variety for kids – less shopping time for Mom
- Education council agrees to replace No Child Left Behind with CRT in school curriculum. Educators and parents ecstatic.
- FREE TELECLASS – How the collaboration study will impact YOUR bottom line. Sign up NOW.
- Super-Rich pool resources to be used to raise minimum wage – planning to fund salaries to close gender income gap
- Waltons dedicate percentage of profit-billions to pay living wage and increase discounts for Walmart employees – profits increase dramatically as public returns in droves
- Are YOU for congressional cooperation? Sign our petition to let YOUR legislators know.
- Politicians volunteer for CRT to increase cooperation – is yours on the list?
- Republicans and Democrats meet together to discuss cooperation as result of ground breaking research published recently.
- War Council convenes to explore CRT – end of war in sight?
Don’t forget that you can always check out the sidebar
for a reminder of how links work on this site, they’re subtle ==>
And the BEST one yet . . .
- WordPress reports cross-linking and shares increasing dramatically, thanks to new study – could improved informed-public statistics be far behind?
© 2014, all rights reserved
Check bottom of Home/New to find out the “sharing rules”
Don’t miss the links below to “Dream Headlines” from others
If YOU have one to add to my list, leave me a link in the comments
(only ONE per comment or you’ll get auto-spammed;
I will personally spam “click-marketing” links)
What ELSE could we create, working together?
What would YOUR headline look like? Leave it in a comment.
Which of mine were your favorites? What did I miss? Let me know.
As always, if you want notification of new articles in the What Kind of World Series – or any new posts on this blog – give your email address to the nice form on the top of the skinny column to the right. (You only have to do this once, so if you’ve already asked for notification about a prior series, you’re covered for this one too). STRICT No Spam Policy
IN ANY CASE, do stay tuned.
There’s a lot to know, a lot here already, and a lot more to come – in this Series and in others.
Get it here while it’s still free for the taking.
Want to work directly with me? If you’d like some coaching help with anything that came up while you were reading this Series (one-on-one couples or group), click HERE for Brain-based Coaching with mgh, with a contact form at its end (or click the E-me link on the menubar at the top of every page). Fill out the form, submit, and an email SOS is on its way to me; we’ll schedule a call to talk about what you need. I’ll get back to you ASAP (accent on the “P”ossible!)
Related Articles here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com
Related Articles ’round the net
ALL open in new window/tab (depending on YOUR browser setting)
– hold before clicking for box with a hint of what you’ll find there –
- Six Headlines I’d Like to See in 2012 – the genesis for this post (very funny!)
- Summer Wish List: Headlines We Want To See – shobiz related
- Editorial: Dream Headlines, 2014 – Salt Lake Tribune
- Science Headlines I would like to see more of – easy to relate to, positive in tone
- Six headlines we want to see in 2014 – Campus paper – college related
- Facebook aims to cut clickbait headlines like ‘Kardashians found on Mars’ to boost user experience – hard to believe, but this one’s REAL
BY THE WAY: Since ADDandSoMuchMore.com is an Evergreen site, I revisit all my content periodically to update links — when you link back, like, follow or comment, you STAY on the page. When you do not, you run a high risk of getting replaced by a site with a more generous come-from.