19 Responses to Awakening in Wisdom

1. Pingback: ADD Poster Girl Day today! | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

2. Pingback: Ageism cuts both ways: Don’t Discount the Kids | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

3. Pingback: My 2016 Birthday Prayer | ADD . . . and-so-much-more

4. It’s going to be ending of mine day, except before end I am reading this great post to improve my know-how.

5. RE: Broken Links

FYI: I’m sharing my response to an email from Steve K., informing me of a problem with one of the [internal] links above, and a suggestion for why it might be broken.

————————
    Thanks, Steve, but NO, it’s WordPress.com. Thanks for the heads up so I can fix whenever I can dedicate the time, but don’t waste your time noodling why it’s broken.

I check ALL links before posting, (and whenever I have time, yet again in articles containing links that the current article suggests you visit).

For no reason I can fathom — besides sloppy work by someone on the WordPress team, links sometimes go nuts all by themselves — since it frequently happens after something “new and different” is added, or when WordPress goes down for the team to fix something else that’s not working, my belief is that the downstream effect of these updates and fixes aren’t considered or don’t get thorougly tested.

NOTHING on this site stays exactly the way you left it 100% of the time, in my experience, and there is NO underlying logic to avoid or to align with.

DRIVES ME NUTS – but I am no longer willing to let it eat my life. I simply must tell myself [ala “align with the universe” pal Kate Kelly ;-)], “Oh well, I guess nobody’s supposed to read this one today!” — so I can keep moving FORWARD vs. revisiting the past for administrative perfection that remains a bubble under plastic! (see “soapbox” quote on skinny column at right)

I DO get to many eventually, and sometimes they’ve “fixed themselves” by the time I do!!
    Sorry all, I know it’s frustrating, but there is NOTHING I can really do about it.

A heads up in the comment section, not via email, please will alert me to the need to “fix” – half the time nobody clicks those links anyway, so daily link-checking would be a total waste of ANYBODY’s time, but if one of you reading wants to hire somebody ELSE willing to do it anyway, let me know! 😀

6. I’m still going over everything on your site. So much fantastic information, I just get lost! Is your coaching help area new on your site?

Question: I have an 18 year old nephew, freshman in college, ADD. Extremely intelligent but he’ll be loosing his scholarship funds because he can’t meet the criteria workload and grade-point average. Are there any way to extend funding? Other funding available?

Solution for education: He’s cutting his workload in half next semester until he can comfortably handle school. On break he’s reading “I’m not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy” and he’ll be critiquing it for me to let me know what helps and what doesn’t. He’s reading it on break. I’m terribly concerned. I know others are not understanding the adult ADD, and they’re blaming his failures on many other things. He will succeed, he just needs to find his way. Any suggestions?

7. glenhogard says:

An early mentor and now dear long-time friend, Joan Childs used to speak about this myth and the “waiting for my prince charming to come” attitude it fosters. This is not a way to live one’s own life as a woman and is a trap in many ways. Her excellent book “The Myth and the Maiden” is on Amazon here; http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Maiden-Being-Woman/dp/1558743154/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354296566&sr=1-6

• Cool! Ironically, many of the comment conversations on the blogs in the links below the article (above these comments) concern the cusp of SELF-acceptance, struggling to self-affirm as they age in a youth-oriented, “worthless unless some ‘he’ affirms me” culture. (Men have other challenges, but this one is uniquely ours in ways I doubt that most men could ever understand)

There are many shades of mythology with the Mother and the Crone that could use some examination too – maybe I’ll take it on (says she, still standing at a crossroads deciding which road to take NEXT).

Always love your comments, Glen. Thanks for reading and for ringing in.

8. Lisa Stallings says:

You are more than the BEST the better than and your generosity of spirit is so grand… Happy to you!!!

• You DARLING! There is no acknowledgment I value more than an underscore of “generosity” (unless it is a sincere “gorgeous” thrown my way by a hot guy, of course!)

The BEST part is that it follows a birthday post with a brief description of my “all me” day, and this one particularly.

I have long-struggled to feel entitled to be “selfish” for one measly day – many women (and helping professionals) fumble for the edges of that self/others boundary. The gift in your comment at this time is that it affirms and solidifies my awarness of the shift in the blog — a chance to experience the reality that I can take it IN with gratitude and without “should”ing all over myself that I don’t do still MORE.

How very “generousity of spirit” of you, Lisa, to take time to leave this comment 😀

9. mrs fringe says:

Great post. “…The alchemy of self acceptance.” a phrase I will spend much time thinking about today, thank you. 🙂 Love the frame you’ve given yourself for your birthday, I hope the pears ripen soon, they are divine–and of course, Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the link, I will definitely be checking out some of the others you posted as well!

• And I WILL be back to join the conversation on your blog as well “Fringeville” – love it!. (it’s that TIME thing!)

If somebody would only pay my bills and clean my house, I’d spend ALL my time in conversations with those who are exploring what I consider the core issues of what it means to be alive, writing in all formats, and hosting teleclasses to participate in the exchange of wisdom, getting to observe the aha!s, as well as upping the velocity with which I experience my own,

Alas, I doubt that there is funding for that objective, so I will continue to soldier on as best I can with the same measly 24 hours given to all of us.

Thanks for taking TIME from your life to check this out and leave a response.

(Pears still not ripe today – but I couldn’t resist eating one “crunchy” – NOT the same pear at all – yet another lesson in the virtue of patience 😦

• mrs fringe says:

Ugh! Time!!!!! There’s never enough, is there? Especially if when we have to give in to that pesky sleep thing 😉

Thank you! I’m glad to find you, and Awakening in Wisdom. Hoping those pears will be perfect tomorrow…

• WOW! You are a lot better than I staying up with comments. I can’t believe you found my reply so quickly, much less found time to respond (tell the truth – have you found a way NOT to sleep?

I’m still working my way down YESTERDAY’s list (the only teeny trouble with my b’day habit is the catch-up part).

btw – connected today with an AMAZING artist over a Maiden/Mother/Crone piece of hers that BLEW ME AWAY! (will have to come back with link to her which I will put at the end of THIS comment)

As a result of our conversation (and comments on the blogs I visited looking for links), I’m really eager to do more on this topic once the holidays are behind us.

Any interest in being involved in some fashion?

• mrs fringe says:

I just happened to be on and publishing a new post when your reply came through–I’m consistently inconsistent in my timing. 😉
            I work on very little sleep, not so great for details–or laundry–but opens the door to the creative part of my brain, lol.
            Yes, please send me the link for the piece you found, and yes, I’d be happy to explore this further. 🙂

xoxo

• LOL – people actually are great at LAUNDRY?

Yes, there is nothing like being terminally sleep-deprived to loosen the restrictive bonds of “sanity” and open creativity’s window. I know that one WELL.

Left alone, I sleep a full 8 hours (usually) — but my awake time is longer than earth-day’s remaining 16 hrs. before I am ABLE to sleep. So I’m usually awake MUCH longer than serves me because NOBODY really understands, “Sorry, on that particular day I will be asleep at 3:00 pm, can’t make your meeting”

Then, at other times of the month “Yes, I know that *most* people would find a 9 AM meeting time perfectly reasonable, but I will have only JUST gotten to sleep – unless, of course, I don’t go to bed so I can be at your meeting – how important is it that I stay up almost 2 solid days to be there?”

I’m perpetually “jet-lagged” – nobody really gets chronorhythms disorders unless they are THEIR chronorhythm disorders (even the pros, more’s the pity!)

Click HERE for article to become Series on Chronos — Living with JetLag

THRILLED to hear you are interested in the M-M-C exploration (which is really a metaphor for self-acceptance stuff). Joan Reiss (artist) also writes, so interested potentially as well.

TIME is the deal – so I’m leaving it up to the universe to book our virtual conference room – I’m simply doing some prelim “legwork” to see who might be interested in slow-cooking the topic until the timing is right to put together a crock-pot feast at a time in the future when the universe says ok!

Will pop over to see the new post too – sometime between hitting “approve and reply” and Monday 😛

• mrs fringe says:

I dunno, the laundry part may be just a rumor 😉

Agree, agree, there should be a way to tweak our days and hours so we can all get enough rest. Less work, more efficiency?

I look forward to seeing what we can cook up for MMC 🙂

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )