10-Step ADD Coaching
Thursday, September 29, 2011 3 Comments
Ten Things to think about that can give you a Brand New LIFE!
© Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
Another article in the ADD Coaching Series
Find a comfortable place to perch while you run through the ten items below.
Plan on spending 30-45 minutes – whatever you can spare, but don’t try to squeeze it in between activities and interruptions.
Make SURE you are comfortable
Identify any tight places in your body:
- Roll your shoulders.
- Let your head drop to one side, then the other.
- Wiggle your toes or spread your fingers.
Adjust your clothing, if you need to. Unfasten anything that needs to be looser. Kick off your shoes if you feel like it. Squirm around until you feel comfortable in your own skin.
Take several d-e-e-p breaths, exhaling slowly, while you think about your life as it is RIGHT NOW, before you work your way through the list below.
Let things drift into your mind. Don’t force ANYTHING.
- Where do things feel stuck?
- What would you like to be different?
- What seems to be the biggest struggle?
- Where do you feel tethered to the treadmill?
- Where is “working hard” keeping you from spending time on what you love —
and on what’s easy?
Whatever pops into your head is fine. Don’t over-think this, just bring it to consciousness gently.
When you feel ready, take some time to reflect on each of the points below.
Capture your thinking in writing, not only to make sure you come up with some specifics,
but also so that you can go back to it whenever you want.
Ten Change-your-life Concepts
1. There is nothing wrong here.
2. What’s working already?
3. What’s working about it?
• What values are being expressed?
• What needs are being met in a healthy, constructive way?
• What systems are already in place?
• What strengths are being utilized naturally?
• What skills light you up when you use them?
4. How can we expand that into the rest of your life?.
5. What are you tolerating? (Where is life a royal pain in the butt?)
6. What actions can you take (or requests can you make) to eliminate all tolerations, one by one?.
7. What’s in the way of your really shining?
• Where are the blockades, tar pits, falling rocks and mudslides?
• What are you trying to do the hard way (for you)?
8. What work-arounds can be developed to handle the tasks you don’t like to do,
— and probably don’t do well as a result?
9. What systems can we put in place that utilize your strengths?
10. If your life worked EXACTLY the way you’d like it to, what would it look like?
• What’s one version of Your Ideal Life?
• What’s another?
• What would definitely NOT be part of your ideal life?
NOW, let’s work on setting up your life so you love it. You’ll develop an action plan and, if you hire me as your coach, I’ll be the wind at your back — every step of the way. I can also help you clarify some of the points above. So can a Peer Coach or a good, non-judgmental friend.
This is your LIFE we’re talking about here – let yourself accept a little outside perspective. Like most other things in life, this work is a lot more fun to do with a partner.
Related articles here on ADDandSoMuchMore.com
Other related articles
- Why You Need A Life Coach (tomaplomb.blogspot.com)
- 10 Coachable Moments (garyrohrmayer.typepad.com)
- 9 Questions to Prepare You for Coaching (thecoachingsource.com)
- Coaching for a Better Diabetes Life (diabetesmine.com)
- THE 5 ELEMENTS OF COACHING (part 1 of 2) (christopherscottblog.typepad.com)
- Gay Relationships: The Top 10 Secrets of Successful Gay Daters – Part One (gaytwogether.typepad.com)
- How to become a successful entrepreneur (brighterlife.ca)
- Who is your coach? (kchealthyincentives.wordpress.com)
- Making Change Easy (whatislifecoaching.wordpress.com)