Tuesday, April 15, 2014 Leave a comment
ACO Conference 2014 — May 2-4
Pre-Conference Sessions May 1
It’s almost here -
will I see YOU there?
Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CTP, CMC, ACT, MCC, SCAC
Planning, Laundry, Packing, Rushing!
It’s almost time to leave for the 2014 ACO Conference, this year in Phoenix!
Ill be flying out of Cincinnati early Wednesday evening – April 30, 2014.
Yiikes! There are only a few weeks left! Are you ready?
(Have you even registered yet?)
- The pre-conference is Thursday – hey, that’s May Day! - with the opening reception that night.
- The Conference proper begins bright and e-a-r-l-y on Friday, May 2nd
- The final sessions conclude around lunch-time on Sunday, May 4th
So much to do, so little time!
After packing and repacking all night for last year’s ACO Conference, unable to streamline my travel wardrobe enough to get it into one single suitcase, I finally had to give up and go to BED.
Colleague and business partner Peggy Ramundo and I were scheduled to leave Cincinnati in mere hours!
Atlanta seemed close enough for a girls-on-a-road-trip, so we decided to go for it. Since there was room in the car, I allowed myself to take w-a-y too much stuff. BAD idea.
It turned out to be significant hassle at the other end.
- The the hotel forced us to switch rooms mid-conference
“due to technical difficulties” (don’t even ask!)
- So I had to pack it all up and take it on the road again — knowing that I would have to do it one more time at the end of the conference. (So how late IS late check-out?)
What IS it about going away that makes it so difficult to
decide what to wear?
So many possibilities, so little room in the suitcase
(I’m convinced that it’s gotta’ be figuring out the shoes.)
Isn’t that JUST the ADD way?