Time OFF for ADD Awareness Week
Friday, October 12, 2012 3 Comments
Remember – links on this site are dark grey to reduce distraction potential
while you’re reading. They turn red on mouseover.
by Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CMC, SCAC, MCC
Catch Up Time
Some of you may already be aware that in the past month I have lost three people who are very dear to me:
- Kate Kelly – You Mean I’m NOT Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?! co-author, beloved by thousands
- Patti Bryant – a friend since college, with whom I did theatre, as did a great many of the close-knit theatre group who’ stay connected on FaceBook and with periodic reunions, and
- my father, Col. Millard Earl “Brandy” Griffith, Ph.D.
I’m reeling, and more than overwhelmed.
Running around like headless chickens this past two weeks, flying point on Kate’s Memorial Service details, Kate’s co-author Peggy Ramundo & I have gotten so little sleep that we’re sincerely hoping we don’t drop off as soon as we sit down for the service this Saturday.
Soooo —- I’m taking Edie’s advice (TBI advocate and author of the BrainInjurySelfRehabilitation blog).
I will be taking next week to grieve (after I catch my breath and a few solid nights’ sleep!)
I’ll be back here on Oct 22 at the earliest.
Jump over to Edie’s blog while I’m gone - it’s fascinating – check out what her readers are up to, and join in on the conversation.
Click the TBI links below to see how much Traumatic Brain Injury and Attention Deficit Disorder have in common (and jump over to the site of another TBI advocate who blogs under the name of BrokenBrilliant.)
You will find links to both sites in the Links section on the skinny column to your right, listed under TBI (scroll down). Hover before clicking for a brief description of what you can expect to find there. THEN click.
Meanwhile, Don’t Forget ADD Awareness Week is NEXT week — beginning October 15, 2012!
That would be a great week to catch up on an article or two you’ve missed here on ADDandSoMuchMore!
Make sure you do something nice for ADD in my name, will you please? (at the very least, insist that those around you comply with a one week moratorium on ADD potshots.)
Kate Kelly Related Articles
(each below opens in a new window/tab)
- Cincinnati Memorial Services: Kate Kelly
- Kate Kelly: A New Star in the Sky
- CaringBridge / Kate Kelly / Journal
- Homage to Kate Kelly
- Finishing What You Start
More to explore
- Lessons from the TBI Community
- Gathering the Tribe: TBI-2 (a few TBI Specifics — Overlaps with ADD)
- Processing Slower or More to Think About? (with a link to BrokenBrilliant’s article)
- ABOUT Values & The Goose Story (explains the meaning of “flying point” in a very touching way)
- ABOUT Brain Injury Self Rehabilitation’s author